pScripting apps ,etc.

  • Gary Hellman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      Paul et.al.,

      I really have been enjoying pedit!

      I am learning pScripting a bit...
      I have a couple of questions when you have a couple of minutes.

      Currently I am trying something:

      I want to highlight a phrase ( a bible verse reference) ,"Launch" a
      program (MyBible or another application that uses MyBible),
      have the application get some text, put it on the clipboard, and then
      paste it back to the memo (or maybe MagiPad). I think I can get a
      program to get the text and put it on the clipboard (If that is enough
      space...)

      So far,

      I am using PODS and myBible SDK to create a program; that has a form with
      three fields and a button. (Book, Chapter, Verse) and "Get" button.
      This program currently, will get the text and place it on the
      clipboard. Currently, also the book, chapter and verse need to be
      decimals (will convert that later)

      When I reinvoke Pedit, I can then paste it in....

      I also, just now, used your myGoToPedit.c to Launch Pedit after it
      gets the text and clipboards it.
      I used 0's for memo ids, etc. - but that is not what I really want.
      (It gives me the first memo, of course)

      Is there a pedit launch code to invoke pedit to the last (or currently
      open) memo? (or how could I do that in myGoToPedit.c?)
      (Can Pscript do launch codes?)
      Can this be done (and maybe more easily) through pScripting with or
      without pTools?
      If the program is an okay way to do it - Is there a "Best for
      pScripting" kind of application design to make this easier to pScript
      from pEdit?

      Thanks for any help or suggestions,
      Gary Hellman