Re: [peditors] pTodoTool feature request: pScriptable "no date" action.

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2006
      Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

      > No go, at least not yet. Something about the pToDoTool Due Date
      > Menu glitches the event queue. Anything I put in for "{makeTodo6::"
      > gives a "runtime over the limit..." message although definitely *not*
      > over the limit.

      No, wait, error. The "runtime over the limit..." message was spurious,
      a local problem with me, which I've cleared with a pin reset. The
      "DueDate" menu is simply nonresponsive to any pScript command, no
      matter what. Just sits there. You need what you've asked Paul for in
      order to do what you want to do, I think.
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 24, 2006
        Hi, Steve-

        Perhaps, while your feature request is in process, the following
        pScript might be an ok temporary workaround,maybe, I hope. It is super
        event-queue sequence sensitive, so as far as I can tell, all the
        separate "/&script$[]"s are needed. Likewise, the plain "/&tap []" in
        NoDate4 needs to be that way without the usual init "i" after tap.
        Open a new pToDoTool screen, put whatever you want in the ToDoList item
        field, leave the cursor blinking there and run the script. You should
        end up with your item in the Tasks app as a "no date" ToDo. If it
        works for you I bet you can figure a way to incorporate it in your
        makeToDo chain.

        {NoDate::/&control@[@@#1#@@]
        /&script$[@@NoDate2@@]}
        {NoDate2::/xc Z
        /&script$[@@NoDate3@@]} {NoDate3:: /&control@[@@Details@@]
        /&script$[@@NoDate4@@]}
        {NoDate4::
        /&tap [065,080]
        /&script$[@@NoDate5@@]}
        {NoDate5::
        /0x0B
        /xn
        /&control[@@#1#@@]}

        Let me (us) know....
        ~ John
      • Steve Kunkel
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006
          On 11/24/06, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:
          > Hi, Steve-
          >
          > Perhaps, while your feature request is in process, the following
          > pScript might be an ok temporary workaround,maybe, I hope. It is super
          > event-queue sequence sensitive, so as far as I can tell, all the
          > separate "/&script$[]"s are needed. Likewise, the plain "/&tap []" in
          > NoDate4 needs to be that way without the usual init "i" after tap.
          > Open a new pToDoTool screen, put whatever you want in the ToDoList item
          > field, leave the cursor blinking there and run the script. You should
          > end up with your item in the Tasks app as a "no date" ToDo. If it
          > works for you I bet you can figure a way to incorporate it in your
          > makeToDo chain.
          >

          > {NoDate::/&control@[@@#1#@@]
          > /&script$[@@NoDate2@@]}
          > {NoDate2::/xc Z
          > /&script$[@@NoDate3@@]} {NoDate3:: /&control@[@@Details@@]
          > /&script$[@@NoDate4@@]}
          > {NoDate4::
          > /&tap [065,080]
          > /&script$[@@NoDate5@@]}
          > {NoDate5::
          > /0x0B
          > /xn
          > /&control[@@#1#@@]}
          >
          > Let me (us) know....
          > ~ John

          Dunno... Doesn't seem to work (?) Just pops-up the date list and
          stops (same as my old one did). I'll dissect it more later and see if
          I can comeup with anything... Question: What's the purpose of the
          first control[@@#1#@@] ??

          THanks for the feebdack John! :o)

          --
          ===SteveK321=================
          T5, WindowsXP, PocketMirror, Anagram, MacrosExpress, DateBk6, Bonsai,
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006

            Hi, Steve-

            > Dunno... Doesn't seem to work (?) Just pops-up the date list and
            > stops (same as my old one did). I'll dissect it more later and see if
            > I can comeup with anything... Question: What's the purpose of the
            > first control[@@#1#@@] ??

            That activates the "Add New Item" button. This script (should)
            takes you to the built-in ToDo app to make the "no date" change. To
            use it you need to open PToDoTool, put your ToDo item where the
            highlight is on the top line, and then run the script. I know this
            does not follow the sequence you have set up, I made it to stand alone
            for simplicity so you could see if it would work for you and then
            modify it into your big chain if possible. I've annotated it below-

            >> {NoDate::/&control@[@@#1#@@] taps "add new item"
            >> /&script$[@@NoDate2@@]}

            >> {NoDate2::/xc Z activates pToDoTool menu/Actions/GoToLastItem
            >> /&script$[@@NoDate3@@]}

            >> {NoDate3:: /&control@[@@Details@@] Activates the Palm Tasks
            >> Details button
            >> /&script$[@@NoDate4@@]}

            >> {NoDate4::
            >> /&tap [065,080] Taps "Due Date"
            >> /&script$[@@NoDate5@@]}

            >> {NoDate5:: /0x0B Moves highlight one up, to "No Date"
            >> /xn Converts highlight to activateable by "ok"
            >> /&control[@@#1#@@]} activates "OK"

            Now, at the end of this you are in the Palm Tasks All list with your
            new ToDo with "No Date" status. Your chain could then take you
            wherever.

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006
              Gah. I left out the pComments tags. Here it is again-

              Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

              > Hi, Steve-
              >
              >> Dunno... Doesn't seem to work (?) Just pops-up the date list and
              >> stops (same as my old one did). I'll dissect it more later and see if
              >> I can comeup with anything... Question: What's the purpose of the
              >> first control[@@#1#@@] ??
              >>

              > That activates the "Add New Item" button. This script (should)
              > takes you to the built-in ToDo app to make the "no date" change. To
              > use it you need to open PToDoTool, put your ToDo item where the
              > highlight is on the top line, and then run the script. I know this
              > does not follow the sequence you have set up, I made it to stand alone
              > for simplicity so you could see if it would work for you and then
              > modify it into your big chain if possible. I've annotated it below-
              >>>
              >>> {NoDate::/&control@[@@#1#@@] /*taps "add new item" */
              >>> /&script$[@@NoDate2@@]}
              >
              >>> {NoDate2::/xc Z /*activates pToDoTool menu/Actions/GoToLastItem*/
              >>> /&script$[@@NoDate3@@]}
              >
              >>> {NoDate3::/&control@[@@Details@@] /*Activates the Palm Tasks
              >>> Details button*/
              >>> /&script$[@@NoDate4@@]}
              >
              >>> {NoDate4::
              >>> /&tap [065,080] /*Taps "Due Date"*/
              >>> /&script$[@@NoDate5@@]}
              >
              >>> {NoDate5::/0x0B /*Moves highlight one up, to "No Date"*/
              >>> /xn /*Converts highlight to activateable by "ok"*/
              >>> /&control[@@#1#@@]} /*activates "OK"*/
              >>>

              > Now, at the end of this you are in the Palm Tasks All list with your
              > new ToDo with "No Date" status. Your chain could then take you
              > wherever.

              ~ John
            • Steve Kunkel
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006
                Ah yes ... That makes sense--thank you!!! I'll have to tinker with
                this a bit more... I'd prefer to not -open- the todo appl if
                possible, but this IS a good workaround nevertheless. I suppose, for
                that matter, I could just open the todo appl, create a new item, then
                paste the clipboard right in. Still though, pTodoTool would be better
                because it's quicker... I could create a loop that would pasted a
                whole list of todos one-by-one. pTodoTool would
                open-close-open-close, but the 'starting' appl (i.e. Bonsai, etc.)
                would stay open the whole time... <argh> Will have to think about
                this one! -steve

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006
                  Quoting Steve Kunkel <kunkel321@...>:

                  > Ah yes ... That makes sense--thank you!!!
                  <<SNIP>>
                  Will have to think about
                  > this one! -steve

                  ok. I'll be interested in the outcome...
                  ~ John
                • Steve Kunkel
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 26, 2006
                    Hopefully there'll be one ... seems like most of my pScript ideas are
                    still "todos" themselves !!! :o) -steve

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 27, 2006
                      Hi, Steve, and all-

                      Quoting Steve Kunkel <kunkel321@...>:

                      > Ah yes ... That makes sense--thank you!!! I'll have to tinker with
                      > this a bit more... I'd prefer to not -open- the todo appl if
                      > possible, but this IS a good workaround nevertheless. >>

                      OK. I kept working on it, and have produced a completed modified
                      version of your chain which will do the whole job. Here it is, below.
                      I haven't annotated the whole thing 'cause it's so long. Couple of
                      comments-

                      1) I changed your parameters for /&varSubStr@ for both $A and $B, in
                      each case changing "4" to "5" to capture "@XXXX" (5 characters instead
                      of 4).

                      2) I've left your "makeTodo" and my "NoDate" pScript names as they
                      were, so you may want to change them if you use this, but it should run
                      ok for you as is.

                      3) makeTodo 5 and 6 are gone and the Tasks workaround comes in at makeTodo7.

                      4) The "No Date" trick works perfectly, since you always want that the
                      same and it's always next up from the bottom of the list. *However*,
                      that won't work for the category, since that's variable and it's
                      captured in "$B". So,

                      5) Unfortunately, the Details dropdown category menu will not respond
                      to /&varPrint so your original idea won't work as is. Fortunately, it
                      will respond to the printing of *captured* text as opposed to
                      pStringVariable text. That's what "NoDate9" does. That one I like. :)

                      6) I've made it to end up by taking you to DateBk6, just a guess.

                      {makeTodo::/&runtimeInit[] /&script$[@@makeTodo1@@]}
                      {makeTodo1::
                      /!/Pa/&varSet@[$1,$$]
                      /&ifScript[$1==1313829996,@@makeTodo2@@]}