Re: [peditors] trouble with peditor and Dataviz's Beyond Contacts

    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
      # Yeah - The events don't occur until after the chain has completed, not just
      # the script. Really weird.

      Just a note.

      The Palm OS processes the penDown events after everything else. /&tap uses
      penDowns.

      /Paul
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hi, Neil- see below re:

        Quoting Neil Smithline <peditors@...>:

        > Yeah - The events don't occur until after the chain has completed, not just
        > the script. Really weird.
        >
        > {demo::
        > /&script [@@demo-a]
        > /&sleep[200]
        > }
        >
        > {demo-a:: /&tap[]}
        >
        > The tap won't occur until after the sleep. I just can't figure up how to do
        > it otherwise. Furthermore:
        >
        > {demo2::
        > /&script [@@demo2-a]
        > /&script [@@demo2-b]
        > /&sleep[200]
        > }
        >
        > {demo2-a:: /&tap[10,10]}
        >
        > {demo2-b:: /&tap[20,20]}

        since it's clear you're pScipting-experienced, I assume when you
        wrote "/&script [@@demo-a]" above, you left off the necessary other
        "@@" either for convenience or by accident. But just in case, it's
        gotta be "/&script [@@demo-a@@]

        ~ John
      • Neil Smithline
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
          Yeah - I just typed it in free form to gmail.

          - Neil

          PS: Oh, thanks about the "pScripting-experienced" commented but I just
          download the trial 3 or 4 days ago. A combination of being a geek for life
          and having spent way too much of my time on this has given you a false
          impression.

          PPS: I think I've found an alternative route, I'm going to use pScripting to
          annotate the subject line of my appts such as "[Categories=[Family],[Free]"
          and then have some VBA in Outlook parse the subjects, manipulate the appts
          and update them. That way I don't need to get to the "Select Categories"
          page. Gonna need another day's thought or so before I'm convinced that this
          is the right way to go but I think so.

          On 10/5/06, John Markley <jmmjr@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Neil- see below re:
          >
          > Quoting Neil Smithline <peditors@... <peditors%40smithline.net>
          > >:
          >
          > > Yeah - The events don't occur until after the chain has completed, not
          > just
          > > the script. Really weird.
          > >
          > > {demo::
          > > /&script [@@demo-a]
          > > /&sleep[200]
          > > }
          > >
          > > {demo-a:: /&tap[]}
          > >
          > > The tap won't occur until after the sleep. I just can't figure up how to
          > do
          > > it otherwise. Furthermore:
          > >
          > > {demo2::
          > > /&script [@@demo2-a]
          > > /&script [@@demo2-b]
          > > /&sleep[200]
          > > }
          > >
          > > {demo2-a:: /&tap[10,10]}
          > >
          > > {demo2-b:: /&tap[20,20]}
          >
          > since it's clear you're pScipting-experienced, I assume when you
          > wrote "/&script [@@demo-a]" above, you left off the necessary other
          > "@@" either for convenience or by accident. But just in case, it's
          > gotta be "/&script [@@demo-a@@]
          >
          > ~ John

        • Neil Smithline
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
            Ahh - that would explain most of it. Does it say that in the doc? It
            probably should for /&tap, /&penDown and pRotatorTool (which I assume uses
            /&tap).

            Still, that doesn't explain why only the last penDown was being received.

            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
              Hi, Neil-

              Quoting Neil Smithline <peditors@...>:

              > Ahh - that would explain most of it. Does it say that in the doc? It
              > probably should for /&tap, /&penDown and pRotatorTool (which I assume uses
              > /&tap).
              >
              > Still, that doesn't explain why only the last penDown was being received.

              Ordinarily, in my experience that is, youu should be able to get as
              many "/&tap"s as you want (if &tap is gonna work in that particular
              situation at all), so long as you chain with /&script$ and make each
              tap the last pExpression in it's particular script in the chain.
              Example- set your preferences in pedit for Preferences/General/ "create
              memos on top" NOT checked, then tap the Modes box in preferences and
              then tap OK. Now if you were to pen pedit preferences again you would
              be in the Modes screen. But don't do that.... instead, run the
              following pScript. Assuming the coordinates for the pedit Prefs screens
              are the same on the Treo as on my TX, which I think they should be,
              you'll see that both taps worked ok.

              {NeilS::Testing
              /xEpro R
              /&tap [030,020] /&script$[@@NeilS2@@]}
              {NeilS2::
              /&tap [013,094]
              /&script$[@@NeilS3@@]}
              {NeilS3::
              /xEpro o
              /&mess[@@let's see the result, Neil@@,50,200]
              /xEpro R}

              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 5, 2006
                OOPS- Neil, regarding

                Quoting John Markley <jmmjr@...>:

                <<SNIP>>

                >But don't do that.... instead, run the
                > following pScript. Assuming the coordinates for the pedit Prefs screens
                > are the same on the Treo as on my TX, which I think they should be,
                > you'll see that both taps worked ok.

                I forgot to indicate that the pScript is to be run while you are in
                edit view of a test pedit memo, after you adjust the prefs as
                indicated. Sorry-

                ~ John
              • Neil Smithline
                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 6, 2006
                  Holy Moly! You're my hero John.

                  That worked swell.I got my BeyondContacts new appt working just fine.

                  Thanks a million John & Paul.

                  PS: If you're interested in the details, what I want is to be able to create
                  an appt that follows one of three templates:
                  1) [Family] category set and Show Time As "Busy" (the default).
                  2) [Family] and -Free categories set and Show Time As "Free".
                  3) No categories set and Show Time As "Free".
                  4) No categories and Show Time As "Busy" (not interesting because this is
                  the default behavior of New.

                  I've come up with three initial pscripts for these and a whole chain of
                  worker pscripts, each with a /&tap in it. Some of the /&tap's are wrapped in
                  /&ifGoTo@ statements. I then set some variables in each initial pscript and
                  then call the worker pscript chain.

                  {pScript#1::
                  /&varSet@ [$1,1] /*family*/
                  /&varSet@ [$2,1] /*free*/
                  /&script [@@CalPrep@@]
                  }
                  {pScript#2::
                  /&varSet@ [$1,1] /*family*/
                  /&varSet@ [$2,0] /*free*/
                  /&script [@@CalPrep@@]
                  }
                  {pScript#3::
                  /&varSet@ [$1,0] /*family*/
                  /&varSet@ [$2,1] /*free*/
                  /&script [@@CalPrep@@]
                  }

                  {CalPrep::
                  t /0x08 /* this does a new */
                  /&tap [149, 153]
                  /&script$ [@@CalPrepA@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepA:: /Dx
                  /&tap [79, 71]
                  /&script$ [@@CalPrepB@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepB::
                  /&ifGoTo@[$1==0,@@X@@]
                  /&tap [79, 79] /*family cat*/
                  /:X/&script$ [@@CalPrepC@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepC::
                  /&ifGoTo@[$2==0,@@X@@]
                  /&tap [79, 23] /*-free cat*/
                  /:X/&script$ [@@CalPrepD@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepD::
                  /&tap [34, 144]
                  /&script$ [@@CalPrepE@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepE::
                  /&ifGoTo@[$2==0,@@X@@]
                  /&tap [89, 104] /*show time*/
                  /:X/&script$ [@@CalPrepF@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepF::
                  /&ifGoTo@[$2==0,@@X@@]
                  /&tap [89, 104] /*as free*/
                  /:X/&script$ [@@CalPrepG@@]
                  }
                  {CalPrepG::
                  /&tap [149, 147]
                  }

                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Ji, Neil-

                    Quoting Neil Smithline <peditors@...>:

                    > Holy Moly! You're my hero John.
                    >
                    > That worked swell.I got my BeyondContacts new appt working just fine.
                    >
                    > Thanks a million John & Paul.

                    Yay! Excellent. Perserverance wins again. :)