Palm promotion...

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi Guys:

      Palm sent this out today...

      #############################################################################
      FREE 1GB memory card ($69.99 value): Already own a Palm handheld or
      smartphone? Order by September 25, 2006 and you'll receive a FREE 1GB memory
      card ($69.99 value). It's our way of saying thanks for being a loyal Palm
      customer!
      #############################################################################

      QUESTION OF THE DAY. If we are such loyal customers, then why does Palm lie
      to us by claiming that the freebie is a $69.99 value. Do they think that we
      are sooooo unsophisticated that we will bite on this?

      Just venting...Paul [working on improved list navigation]
    • Steve Kunkel
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
        n 9/5/06, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
        > Hi Guys:
        >
        > Palm sent this out today...
        >
        > #############################################################################
        > FREE 1GB memory card ($69.99 value): Already own a Palm handheld or
        > smartphone? Order by September 25, 2006 and you'll receive a FREE 1GB memory
        > card ($69.99 value). It's our way of saying thanks for being a loyal Palm
        > customer!
        > #############################################################################
        >
        > QUESTION OF THE DAY. If we are such loyal customers, then why does Palm lie
        > to us by claiming that the freebie is a $69.99 value. Do they think that we
        > are sooooo unsophisticated that we will bite on this?
        >
        > Just venting...Paul [working on improved list navigation]

        Just a hunch, but I'll bet the "order by" part also indicates there's
        more to this gracious offer than meets the eye ... Like that you have
        to buy other, equally over-priced, mechandice to get the "free" card
        (?)
        --
        ===SteveK====================
        myspace.com/stevekunkel, T5, WindowsXP, PocketMirror, Anagram,
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
          ... Like that you have
          > to buy other, equally over-priced, mechandice to get the "free" card

          Just looked ... you have to buy a Treo700w.
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
            On 9/5/06, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

            > QUESTION OF THE DAY. If we are such loyal customers, then why does Palm lie
            > to us by claiming that the freebie is a $69.99 value. Do they think that we
            > are sooooo unsophisticated that we will bite on this?

            They think everybody pays full retail...

            > Just venting...Paul [working on improved list navigation]
          • Adam Coleman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
              Paul wrote --
              > Just venting...Paul [working on improved list navigation]

              While you are working on this, here is one for you....

              Using pedit with keyboard from list menu, ESC-R brings up the list of recently opened memos. Problem is there is no way to select a memo from this list with the keyboard. You have to tap it with the stylus. Up/Down arrow keys and ENTER would work, but it would be cool if the list was numbered and typing the number would open it. I believe the same thing happens elsewhere, like when one uses the doc button to bring up a list of doc files to import.

              Thanks a bunch,

              Adam
            • Steve Kunkel
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
                On 9/5/06, Adam Coleman <acoleman@...> wrote:
                > Paul wrote --
                > > Just venting...Paul [working on improved list navigation]
                >

                > While you are working on this, here is one for you....
                >
                > Using pedit with keyboard from list menu, ESC-R brings up the list of recently opened memos. Problem is there is no way to select a memo from this list with the keyboard. You have to tap it with the stylus. Up/Down arrow keys and ENTER would work, but it would be cool if the list was numbered and typing the number would open it. I believe the same thing happens elsewhere, like when one uses the doc button to bring up a list of doc files to import.
                >
                > Thanks a bunch,
                >
                > Adam

                THere is currently "numerical search," which seems to zero in on any
                of the first 10 items by typing 0-9. With the new pScriptable
                SpecActIDs (see most resent manuals), I personally find value in being
                able to search the string of an item's text with number characters
                rather than it's numerical placement in the list. Then again, I'm
                usually using the stylus (as opposed to a keyboard). ... Just my
                randomeanderings.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
                  Hi Adam:

                  # Using pedit with keyboard from list menu, ESC-R brings up the list of
                  recently opened memos. Problem is there is no way to select a memo from
                  this list with the keyboard. You have to tap it with the stylus. Up/Down
                  arrow keys and ENTER would work, but it would be cool if the list was
                  numbered and typing the number would open it. I believe the same thing
                  happens elsewhere, like when one uses the doc button to bring up a list of
                  doc files to import.

                  Use "ESC f" or "ESC j" or "ESC s" for it. /Paul