Re: [peditors] Treo 700p device ID is different than 650

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hi Michael:

      # These are from my Sprint 700p: OEMCompanyID: 50616C6D OEMDeviceID: 44303532
      # OEMHALID: 50303532

      # One or more of the above ID numbers is different than the Treo 650. Would
      # this affect pToolSet or peditPro in any way??

      Good question. I will check my source code. I know I have some code which
      says "if treo do this".I also have stuff saying "if T3 do this" and a lots of
      "if handera do this". The latter was a waste of effort since handera is
      history.

      I will be back to you on this later. I have a busy day today.

      If I don't respond by Thursday, start bugging me privately.

      All=my=best, Paul
    • Michael M. Rye
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
        I have bee working with quite a few other developers on mysterious problems
        with their software on the 700p. Considering the functionality that
        pToolSet and peditPro have, I assume they have code in them that keys or
        triggers off of the device ID (or other ID) of the handheld. Do you know
        that the device ID of the 700p is _different_ than that of the 650?

        --
        Michael
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
          On 6/6/06, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

          > Good question. I will check my source code. I know I have some code which
          > says "if treo do this".I also have stuff saying "if T3 do this" and a lots of
          > "if handera do this". The latter was a waste of effort since handera is
          > history.

          HandERA may be history, but a number of HandERA devices are still out
          there. HandERA users love thier devices, and will give them up only
          when they die completely.

          The effort wasn't wasted.

          > All=my=best, Paul
        • Michael M. Rye
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2006
            OK, will do.

            As an additional note, another thing that I noticed is the the pToolSet popup does not show up and pToolOff does not automatically run when I start a hotsync on my 700p.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 7, 2006
              # As an additional note, another thing that I noticed is the the pToolSet
              popup does not show up and pToolOff does not automatically run when I start
              a hotsync on my 700p.

              Yes. See the pToolSet manual. Search for the word "Treo".

              #############################################################################
              <li>The automatic enabling of pToolSet has been disabled in the Treo 650,
              since a bug in the Treo 650's HotSync caused crashes. Instead, you need to
              run pToolOn (aka pToolSetOn) manually after every HotSync. However, there is
              no need to run pToolOff (aka pToolSetOff) before every HotSync. The latter
              remains automatic.</li>
              #############################################################################

              It might not be a bug in thr Treo 700 anynore but I can't test that.

              All=my=best, Paul
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 7, 2006
                Hi Michael:

                # I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about what I meant. I know about
                # pToolSet not automatically reactivating after a hotsync. What I was trying
                # to point out in my previous message is that at the *start* of a hotsync, I
                # do not get the momentary "Please run pToolOn after hotsync completes"
                # message popup. (Yes, pToolSet is activated prior to the hotsync starting.)
                # So, it appears the pToolSet does not auto-DEactivate at the start of a
                # hotsync on my 700p. Clear as mud now? :-)

                Does that mean that it automatically activates after the hotsync or still
                needs a manual job?

                You and I may need to work on this [if you are willing].

                All=my=best, Paul [lived in Wisconsin 30 years go]
              • Michael M. Rye
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 7, 2006
                  I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about what I meant. I know about
                  pToolSet not automatically reactivating after a hotsync. What I was trying
                  to point out in my previous message is that at the *start* of a hotsync, I
                  do not get the momentary "Please run pToolOn after hotsync completes"
                  message popup. (Yes, pToolSet is activated prior to the hotsync starting.)
                  So, it appears the pToolSet does not auto-DEactivate at the start of a
                  hotsync on my 700p. Clear as mud now? :-)

                  --
                  Michael

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 7, 2006
                    #
                    # These are from my Sprint 700p:
                    # OEMCompanyID: 50616C6D
                    # OEMDeviceID: 44303532
                    # OEMHALID: 50303532
                    #
                    # One or more of the above ID numbers is different than the Treo 650. Would
                    # this affect pToolSet or peditPro in any way??

                    Hi Michael:

                    I checked my source code. The answer is, unfortunately, "no". The only
                    Treo650 code in the source code is when HotSyncing [as I wrote you
                    privately]. Namely, the Treo650 doesn't do the last step in the chain.

                    start hotsync => deactivate pToolSet => hotsync => finish hotsync => activate
                    pToolSet

                    Maybe the SnapperMail guys could also look at keyUp events and that may give
                    a clue? Again, I am just guessing. I have no idea what's going on.

                    All=my=best, Paul