pTool set feature requset.

  • bluefish1960
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27 11:30 AM
      Hi guys,
      I would really like to have an option in pMastertool prefs, that, if
      there is only has one item in a pMasterTool list, when the Esc key is
      used, and the behaviour is such that it automagically starts that
      single
      item in the list.

      Any chance of this please Paul?

      Cheers
      Andy
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29 3:08 AM
        # I would really like to have an option in pMastertool prefs, that, if there
        # is only has one item in a pMasterTool list, when the Esc key is used, and
        # the behaviour is such that it automagically starts that single item in the
        # list.

        Hi Andy:

        You can achieve this by using the button/stroke/tap special commands. Is
        there any advantage to your proposal? /Paul
      • bluefish1960
        Message 3 of 6 , May 29 4:40 AM
          --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@...> wrote:

          > You can achieve this by using the button/stroke/tap special
          commands. Is
          > there any advantage to your proposal? /Paul

          Probably only to me:)
          I am soon going on the road travelling long term, and about the only
          use I will have for the old TX is writing a dairy of our adventures.
          (unless I can find some free WiFi!!)For this I naturally intend to use
          peditPro and many text related scripts.
          I just recently re-read the fantastic manual and reminded myself of
          how very powerful peditPro is.
          I was thinking about the quickest way to activate my scripts, and the
          best way of organising them within scriptpad.
          I will be using a UWK to write with, so the taps, slides and buttons
          unfortunately will not be any use to me. I therefore envisaged a
          pMastertool with only scriptpad in it, and when tapping the
          pMasterTool ESC, it would take me straight to pScriptool, and the
          whole process would be quicker and easier.
          I realise that currently, if I have only pScriptTool in a pMasterTool
          that the above can be achieved by one extra step: hitting the carriage
          return key.

          However, it remains a request until you say no.(big grinning smiley)

          Andy
        • bluefish1960
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29 4:46 AM
            --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "bluefish1960" <andymmail@...> wrote:

            > --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@> wrote:
            >

            > I therefore envisaged a pMastertool with only scriptpad in it,.....

            That should have said pScriptTool. Silly me!

            Andy
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29 9:38 AM
[...]

              This can be done with a pSCript and using high-ascii stuff. Seach for
              "high-ASCII" in pedit's manual.

              All=my=best, Paul
            • bluefish1960
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29 12:12 PM
                --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@...> wrote:

                > This can be done with a pSCript and using high-ascii stuff. Seach for
                > "high-ASCII" in pedit's manual.
                >
                > All=my=best, Paul

                Thanks Paul, having just re-read the manual I spotted this option and
                experimented with it. It is a great idea and works brilliantly, but not
                quite what I hoped to achieve, as the high-ASCII characters are a
                little illogical on the keyboard, and therefore not so easy to remember
                as my scripts with other identifiers that I have chosen.
                But there you go, beggars cannot be choosers.
                Thanks again
                Andy