Re: [peditors] pScript Input of number string - on a Greek island.

    Message 1 of 31 , May 13 1:09 PM
      ...... Original Message .......
      On Sat, 13 May 2006 15:21:41 -0000 "chrisgreenwood2001"
      <chris.greenwood@...> wrote:
      >Hi
      >I finally got around to pScripting last week on the Greek island of
      >Mykonos - perhaps not full time - a Greek island is after all a Greek
      >island.
      >Anyway I have a particular project in mind and rather smuggly decided
      >that I could do it using as a basis the pFunction &useDate.
      >Unfortunately I celebrated too soon. The pFunction requires 4 integers
      >to determine date and offset. Problem is how do you input a string of
      >integers?
      >Using the e# token immediately reads in a number referenced to the
      >cursor or selected text. One number is therefore simple but how do you
      >then move the cursor or change the selected text - immediately?
      >The only way I could see is to use the select or jump functions in
      >peditPro or pTools - in runtime.
      >So I restricted the system design by limiting to the offset and
      >resolved to request help from the forum.
      >HELP!
      >
      >Regards
      >Chris

      Hi, Chris-

      Paul has just added /&varSubStr to the pScripting armamentarium. Take a
      look in the manual with the latest version of peditPro on his website.
      That may give you what you need.
      ~John
      Message 31 of 31 , May 24 5:09 AM
        # Cunning - and secret?

        # pEditTool
        # > ESC.
        # >
        # > This works for pMagiPad/pScriptPad too. They are the same.

        Nothing secret. pEditTool pMagipad, and pScriptPad are all the same. Maybe I
        should dolcument it. I will...I just did. All=my=best, Paul