Re: [peditors] Re: automate Find/Filter Text in Datebk

    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 15, 2006
      Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

      > # >> {find1::/&tap i [030,030]}
      >
      > Not all versions of OS 5 work with the /&tap[] function. Palm is
      > "improving"
      > the OS all the time. All=my=best, Paul

      Yes. the "0x1F/0x1F/xn" is better cause it doesn't need taps and can
      be used with full screen writing on......
      /John
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 17, 2006
        Quoting JimBoling <jimboling@...>:

        > John - forgot to mention one thing.. I was curious why it was
        > necessary to do the page downs if the Tap call is using absolute
        > coordinates. So I tried dropping the page downs, and sure enough, it
        > still works.
        >
        > - Jim

        Interesting. That must be a difference either between the TE and TX
        (likely), or maybe DB5 vs. DB6 (unlikely), or you have full-screen
        writing off (most likely). In my case when the find/filter text screen
        is first deployed the OK button ( and the others) is not highlighted.
        Doing the page-down four times serially highlights down to the OK
        button. Doing "&tap" on the *un*-highlighted OK, the button flashes
        briefly but does not activate - instead the punctuation shift happens.
        This is often the result with "&tap" in OS5, especially with fullscreen
        writing on. But with the OK button highlighted, it responds to "&tap"
        correctly. That was the "breakthrough", finding out from Paul that
        "page down" mimics the 5-way down button. See if the version of the
        script that omits the page-downs works if first you make sure you have
        full-screen writing turned on.