Re: [peditors] Re: automate Find/Filter Text in Datebk

    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 15, 2006
      Quoting Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu>:

      > # > The problem that I am having now is that paste (/ep) isn't
      > happening.
      > # > And I have confirmed that I am positioned in the edit field for
      > # > Find/Filter Text, and that I do have something on the clipboard.
      > #
      > # Quick break before the fun begins...
      > #
      > # Try /xc to paste your text.
      >
      > The token "/xc" is the same as entering the command key via Graffiti
      > [control-C].
      >
      > The token "/ep" [paste] checks if there is a currently focused
      > editable text
      > field. If yes, etc.
      >
      > I suggest to break up the script into small units and to test all
      > individually.
      >
      > I mean scripting is tricky, especially complex scripting, but it
      > works.
      >
      > All=my=best, Paul

      Right. Error cause I'm on the run. I meant to say "/xcP" which gives
      the paste command via the command bar. "/ep" should work too (better).
      My next comment for Jim was to be that this would best be done with a
      chain, bit by bit as you say. More when I can get free---but I have a
      chained script for this now that I think does what he wants.
      cheers, John
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 17, 2006
        Quoting JimBoling <jimboling@...>:

        > John - forgot to mention one thing.. I was curious why it was
        > necessary to do the page downs if the Tap call is using absolute
        > coordinates. So I tried dropping the page downs, and sure enough, it
        > still works.
        >
        > - Jim

        Interesting. That must be a difference either between the TE and TX
        (likely), or maybe DB5 vs. DB6 (unlikely), or you have full-screen
        writing off (most likely). In my case when the find/filter text screen
        is first deployed the OK button ( and the others) is not highlighted.
        Doing the page-down four times serially highlights down to the OK
        button. Doing "&tap" on the *un*-highlighted OK, the button flashes
        briefly but does not activate - instead the punctuation shift happens.
        This is often the result with "&tap" in OS5, especially with fullscreen
        writing on. But with the OK button highlighted, it responds to "&tap"
        correctly. That was the "breakthrough", finding out from Paul that
        "page down" mimics the 5-way down button. See if the version of the
        script that omits the page-downs works if first you make sure you have
        full-screen writing turned on.