Tungsten E2 owners - SOS

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
      Dear Guys:

      ==========> PLEASE HELP <==========

      If you have a Tungsten E2, please contact me privately ASAP at
      2me@....

      Luc has a problem with his Tungsten E2 which I can't reproduce and I want to
      figure our what the heck is going on.

      Luc's problem is related to the 5-way navigator's behavior in pedit.

      Best regards, Paul
    • jahn-rentmeister@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
        Tungsten E2 user right here.

        Jahn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
          On 12/30/05, Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:

          > Luc has a problem with his Tungsten E2 which I can't reproduce and I want to
          > figure our what the heck is going on.
          >
          > Luc's problem is related to the 5-way navigator's behavior in pedit.

          Just as a data point, this seems to work in my Tapwave Zodiac 2.
          Instead of a 5 Way Nav setup, the Zodiac has an analogue joystick,
          which sends *almost* the same codes as the 5 Way Navigator. In pEdit,
          turning on "cursor moves via 5-way button" causes the cursor to move
          character by character in whatever direction the joystick points,
          while a center press turns on rotation mode. (It also correctly
          accounts for screen orientation, so joystick preses move the cursor
          relative to the orientation of the screen, not the device.) With
          5-way button support off, joystick motions scrolls the screen.

          I have other software that recognizes a "real" 5-way setup, but
          doesn't see the Zodiac joystick at all, so pEdit is doing *something*
          right...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
            # I have other software that recognizes a "real" 5-way setup, but
            # doesn't see the Zodiac joystick at all, so pEdit is doing *something*
            # right...

            Only the TE2 seems to have this problem. I have no other report. I need to
            think about it. All=my=best, Paul