TE2+5way

  • lufades
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
      Hi,

      Is someone can confirm this. On my TE2 in pedit while in list mode the left/right works as
      expected moving a whole page up or down. But hitting on up or down do nothing? In edit
      mode left/right is moving the cursor left and right, up and down do nothing?
      Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

      Regards,

      Luc
    • jmmjr@umich.edu
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
        Quoting lufades <lufad@...>:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Is someone can confirm this. On my TE2 in pedit while in list mode
        > the left/right works as
        > expected moving a whole page up or down. But hitting on up or down
        > do nothing? In edit
        > mode left/right is moving the cursor left and right, up and down do
        > nothing?
        > Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Luc

        For Edit View, go to pEdit preferences, EditView, check "cursor
        moves via 5-way button". There's a fix for list view too, but at the
        moment I've forgotten. Did you look in the manual?
        regards, John
      • lufades
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
          --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, jmmjr@u... wrote:

          > Quoting lufades <lufad@v...>:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Is someone can confirm this. On my TE2 in pedit while in list mode
          > > the left/right works as
          > > expected moving a whole page up or down. But hitting on up or down
          > > do nothing? In edit
          > > mode left/right is moving the cursor left and right, up and down do
          > > nothing?
          > > Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > Luc
          >
          > For Edit View, go to pEdit preferences, EditView, check "cursor
          > moves via 5-way button".

          Yes I know it's done but up and down result in nothing happen except for a clic sound and
          the cursor stay there?

          There's a fix for list view too, but at the
          > moment I've forgotten. Did you look in the manual?

          Yes, but as you probably know searching the manual is not exactly an easy task. It is a
          very informative task that I did so many times. But I really think there is a problem with my
          Palm or with pedit on TE2. Furthermore, the same situation happen in pEditTool.

          Thank you for your help,

          Luc
        • jmmjr@umich.edu
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
            Quoting lufades <lufad@...>:

            > Yes, but as you probably know searching the manual is not exactly an
            > easy task. It is a
            > very informative task that I did so many times. But I really think
            > there is a problem with my
            > Palm or with pedit on TE2. Furthermore, the same situation happen in
            > pEditTool.
            >
            > Thank you for your help,
            >
            > Luc

            In pEditTool try Menu>Opt > activate "Arrows by 5-way on|off".
            That should give you up/down and right/left cursor movement with the
            5-way. Yes/no ?

            regards, John.
          • lufades
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 16, 2005
              >In pEditTool try Menu>Opt > activate "Arrows by 5-way on|off".
              > That should give you up/down and right/left cursor movement with the
              > 5-way. Yes/no ?
              >
              >regards, John.

              No for up/down. Yes for right/left. I'm puzzeled. I use pedit for years now and pToolSet
              since the very beginning of it.

              Thanks again John,

              Luc
            • jmmjr@umich.edu
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 17, 2005
                Quoting lufades <lufad@...>:

                > No for up/down. Yes for right/left. I'm puzzeled. I use pedit for
                > years now and pToolSet
                > since the very beginning of it.

                Hmmm. That is odd. Any chance you're running some app or "hack" that
                is taking control of the 5-way, such as McPhling, ButtonsEx, or such?
                Maybe it is an E2 issue. I don't have an E2 -- perhaps someone who
                does, or Paul, can shed some lght on this.
                regards, John
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 17, 2005
                  # Hmmm. That is odd. Any chance you're running some app or "hack" that
                  # is taking control of the 5-way, such as McPhling, ButtonsEx, or such?
                  # Maybe it is an E2 issue. I don't have an E2 -- perhaps someone who
                  # does, or Paul, can shed some lght on this.

                  No, I can't. Luc has a very complicated system and he told me about the
                  problem before. Most likely he has some type of a "hack".

                  When Luc told me about it, I tried it on my E2 simulator and it worked for
                  me. But then the simulator is not real thing.

                  All=my=best, Paul
                • lufades
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 17, 2005
                    > No, I can't. Luc has a very complicated system and he told me about the
                    > problem before. Most likely he has some type of a "hack".
                    >
                    > When Luc told me about it, I tried it on my E2 simulator and it worked for
                    > me. But then the simulator is not real thing.

                    Hi,

                    My system on my TE2 is now simplier then it was on my TE when I submit a problem with
                    pRotatorTool. But the problem here is inside and about the cursor movement in pedit and
                    pEditTool. This problem don't exist on my TE?

                    Regards,

                    Luc

                    P.S. The only hack that I use is pToolSet and if it considered as a hack I use Pop! by Rick
                    Bram. Furthermore, I use some DA's all launch via pToolSet. The rest is plain app and
                    games some freeware but mainly "reliable" (I can't give a reliable definition of this word)
                    softwares.