Basic Treo 650 Question

  • carrdwight
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
      I have had a very painful "upgrade" from a T3 to a Treo 650, and am
      just now adding ptools and pedit. I was only using the most basic
      functions of pedit on on T3, but with Message Ease I did enjoy many
      benifits and I was fairly dependant on ptools. Now, I cannot seem to
      figure out how to enter the "ESC" key on my Treo 650. Is it possible
      to enter "ESC" keys using the Treo 650 keypad? If not, can anyone
      recommend an easy way of getting to the "ESC" key without having to
      pull out the stylus?

      Follow up question: Does anyone using Treo 650 with ptools/pedit have
      any general suggestions/recommendations on useage, links to resources,
      etc...

      Thanks,
      Dwight...
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
        # figure out how to enter the "ESC" key on my Treo 650. Is it possible
        # to enter "ESC" keys using the Treo 650 keypad? If not, can anyone
        # recommend an easy way of getting to the "ESC" key without having to
        # pull out the stylus?

        You might have to pick an ESC which is on the keyboard such as "a" or "x". I
        use TAB or "q" on my TC.

        /Paul
      • carrdwight
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2005
          --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:

          > # figure out how to enter the "ESC" key on my Treo 650. Is it
          possible
          > # to enter "ESC" keys using the Treo 650 keypad? If not, can anyone
          > # recommend an easy way of getting to the "ESC" key without having
          > # pull out the stylus?
          >
          > You might have to pick an ESC which is on the keyboard such as "a"
          or "x". I
          > use TAB or "q" on my TC.
          >
          > /Paul

          I have been using q since your recommendation, but have just run into
          a small problem. Is there any way to enter a capital Q while the esc
          key is set to use q?

          Thanks,
          Dwight...
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 18, 2005
            # I have been using q since your recommendation, but have just run into
            # a small problem. Is there any way to enter a capital Q while the esc
            # key is set to use q?

            I don't know the answer to that for the Treo. On the TC, I can always go to
            capital case mode using the CAPS key.

            /Paul
          • carrdwight
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19, 2005
              --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:

              > # I have been using q since your recommendation, but have just run
              into
              > # a small problem. Is there any way to enter a capital Q while the
              esc
              > # key is set to use q?
              >
              > I don't know the answer to that for the Treo. On the TC, I can
              always go to
              > capital case mode using the CAPS key.
              >
              > /Paul

              Doesn't work on the Treo. I set CAPS or lock CAPs either way, but
              hitting the q turns the CAPS off and opens ptools.

              Dwight...