Re: Extracting lines from memos, possible?

  • dvm405
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hmmm, what would be equivalent of the information below in Windows?
      Those look like unix commands.

      Domingo

      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
      > Of course, doing this on a PC/Mac/unix machine would be quite easy.
      E.g., in

    • jahn-rentmeister@gmx.de
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 6, 2005
        > I think creating new memos will probably (haven't tried it) bring batch
        > processing to a halt - even if you manage to create it in a different
        > category.

        Even if it does, one could get around this restriction by placing all
        the memos one wants to create in magipad in a long list (delimited by
        termination lines) and then start a pscript in magipad that creates
        memos from them. For creating those new memos, one could use RakuDA or
        pMemoTool.

        So the original requirements of this thread can most definitely be
        fulfilled with a pscript in either pToolset or pedit, but it will take
        quite some time to run and quite some time to code. (more in pToolset
        than in pedit)

        The fact that it can be done is due to the combination of two powerful
        mechanisms: regular expressions for text parsing and macros/scripts that
        simulate user input. Using this is kind of a brute-force approach to the
        problem: Just take the big crowbar (macros and regexp) and force your
        way to the desired feature.

        For the pToolset version I posted, also note that it is susceptible to
        changed preferences: If your tool order in pMastertool is different, or
        your pTodoTool is not in Add mode, the pscript will fail. The latter can
        be fixed easily (at a performance cost), the former can probably not be
        fixed. (Well, one could try to launch the tools via /&launch instead of
        via pMasterTool. No idea if this works. Probably not.)

        Kind regards
        Jahn Rentmeister