Re: [peditors] pDate Tool

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
      # AndyM The Pet Supplies Man

      I'd add: the Gadget Man [aren't we all?] /Paul
    • Josh Morris
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2005
        --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Mason" <amason12345@o...> wrote:
        > Hi Josh
        > agreed up to a point but it would surely happen in pToDoTool too! I
        notice no problems with todos.
        > Also my old T3 does not seem to do the same. I may have to try reset
        and clean install to see if that makes any difference.on my T5
        > Thanks for the replies

        The DM is flawed at best. People were complaining about the machine
        gun noise on the DateBk group long before I heard it on my T3. But
        eventually I did. Not sure why. (And to get DateBk5 to work correctly
        with the T5, he had to reverse engineer the Calendar database format -
        since Palm only recently released the specs - because the DM on the
        NVFS devices is truly pathetic.) So, I imagine there are probably
        other factors that contribute to the likelihood of the machine gun
        noises, but frankly I don't know them. I do know that when CESD
        started accessing the newer PalmOne proprietary db's directly, the
        machine gun noises went away in that app. (I still get them with other
        apps such as PhoneMagic and HappyDays (which is really bad) as well as
        with some backup programs for some reason (maybe it's setting an alarm
        event or something).)

        Whatever the case, let's blame Palm.

        Josh
      • Andy Mason
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 7, 2005
          AndyM The Pet Supplies Man

          I'd add: the Gadget Man [aren't we all?] /Paul
          Please also add Widget & DooDah & Thlngummy!

          Latest pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
          pedit/pToolSet/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links