Controlbar on the T3

  • Kartha
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hello
      I upgraded to version 8 of pToolSet from Version 7, where I had
      configured certain actions for taps on the inside and outside border
      of the Control bar. These worked fine for the upgrade, but I just
      tried to update the actions associated with the control bar taps - and
      I keep getting a message in pToolPrefs - "no control bar on this Palm"

      Does anyone else have this issue on a T3 ?

      Arun
    • jmmjr@umich.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
        Quoting Kartha <akkartha@...>:

        > Hello
        > I upgraded to version 8 of pToolSet from Version 7, where I had
        > configured certain actions for taps on the inside and outside border
        > of the Control bar. These worked fine for the upgrade, but I just
        > tried to update the actions associated with the control bar taps -
        > and
        > I keep getting a message in pToolPrefs - "no control bar on this
        > Palm"
        >
        > Does anyone else have this issue on a T3 ?
        > Arun

        Hi, Arun:
        Well, to my surprise, yes. I hadn't wanted to change any of my control bar
        border tap actions since going to v.8 so had not encountered this, but upon
        trying it just now on my T3 I get he same thing. But, but, but (grin),
        it works
        anyway.....after the "no contro bar" message the choice dialog appears and you
        can make the changes successfully anyway. The message is spurious. I'm sure
        Paul will see this and fix if possible.

        regards, John.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
          # I upgraded to version 8 of pToolSet from Version 7, where I had
          # configured certain actions for taps on the inside and outside border of the
          # Control bar. These worked fine for the upgrade, but I just tried to update
          # the actions associated with the control bar taps - and I keep getting a
          # message in pToolPrefs - "no control bar on this Palm" Does anyone else have
          # this issue on a T3 ?

          Hi Arun amd John:

          I'll check it out later. Please be patient since I have many things to do
          know. I promise that I will do it very soon. All=my=best, Paul
        • Kartha
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
            > Hi, Arun:
            > Well, to my surprise, yes. I hadn't wanted to change any of my
            control bar
            > border tap actions since going to v.8 so had not encountered this,
            but upon
            > trying it just now on my T3 I get he same thing. But, but, but (grin),
            > it works
            > anyway.....after the "no contro bar" message the choice dialog
            appears and you
            > can make the changes successfully anyway. The message is spurious.
            I'm sure
            > Paul will see this and fix if possible.
            >
            > regards, John.

            Hi John
            Thanks for that. Didnt want to possibly screw up my existing tap
            settings, so didnt try changing them after the message. Now that I
            tried it out, it looks like it does indeed work after the settings.

            And Paul - we can wait :-)

            Arun