Re: [peditors] Help please - Pedit question

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
      Hi Maya:

      # Is there a way to make Pedit regard Shifted keys (or Caps for that matter)
      # as their regular equivalent shortcuts?

      All the ESC keys are case sensitive. "ESC J" and "ESC j" are 2 different
      things.

      # Paul - can you please allow for an option to disregard Shifts, thus
      # making J and Shift+J equivalent?

      Sorry, Maya, but in view of the case-sensitivity, this request is not doable.

      All=my=best, Paul
    • Jon Hind
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
        I asked Paul about this ages ago - it would have been handy on the treo
        keyboard , but he had a reason for not doing it . You may be able to find it
        in the archive...
        Jon.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
          # I asked Paul about this ages ago - it would have been handy on the treo
          # keyboard , but he had a reason for not doing it . You may be able to find it
          # in the archive...

          Hi Jon:

          Was my reason then the same as this time [case-sensitivity]?

          BTW, in view of what's going on with Palm these days, I better concentrate on
          features which can be useful on all Palms. I am mentally exhausted from the 3
          months of work for the poorly implemented DIA support.

          BTW, I am very close to releasing pedit and pToolSet 8.00. I am working on
          some minor issues.

          All=my=best, Paul
        • Maya Rose
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
            Dear Paul.

            > Was my reason then the same as this time [case-sensitivity]?

            I am totally aware of case sensativity. My request was to be able to
            give that up, i.e. lose some secondary functionality, at the ptice of
            re-gaining major functionality. Take "J" for example - is not the full
            jump (which I cannot do) more crucuial than the repeat jump (which I
            CAN do)?

            Anyway - and if that is not possible - is there a way to easily
            implement a screen tap on a specific screen region? I have on my
            screen a sort of "language switcher" that can help me around the prior
            problem (as if I switch that way back to English I can use my Keyboard
            normally with pEdit). Is there a way to do it from within pedit? (I
            guess I'll need some macro plus a way to easily invoke the macro from
            the keyboard using Upper case keystrokes only)

            Thanks
            Maya

            P.S. what are the new surprises in Pedit 8?
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2005
              Hi Maya: [I am just reading a book about the history of chocolate and the
              Mayas played an important role in it]

              # Anyway - and if that is not possible - is there a way to easily implement a
              # screen tap on a specific screen region? I have on my screen a sort of
              # "language switcher" that can help me around the prior problem (as if I
              # switch that way back to English I can use my Keyboard normally with
              # pEdit). Is there a way to do it from within pedit? (I guess I'll need some
              # macro plus a way to easily invoke the macro from the keyboard using Upper
              # case keystrokes only)

              I think that's doable via pMasterTool and a pScript assigned to a high ascii
              character. Then the script can do a /&tap[] anywhere on the screen.

              Please do not ask me to work out the details. Maybe one of you nice guys will
              do it.

              All=my=best, Paul
            • Jon Hind
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
                Yes that was the reason. It took me a long time to think about the answer,
                but I decided in the end it was logical - I would expect nothing else. :)