Battery meter reading using pToolset

  • bluefish1960
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5 10:37 AM
      Hi Paul,
      I posted this at BrightHand and got no response, so perhaps your
      expertise, along with the other pedit forum users, will reap some
      benefit.

      A minor problem really, but confusing.

      If I have a battery level of say 60% on my TE2 or T5,(measured by
      pToolSet pInfoTool and also CoolDAs,)the moment I plug into mains to
      recharge the reading leaps straight away to around 90%.

      Any idea why this should be the case, and do other users find the
      same?

      Cheers
      Andy.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 10:49 AM
        Hi Andy:

        # I posted this at BrightHand and got no response, so perhaps your expertise,
        # along with the other pedit forum users, will reap some benefit. A minor
        # problem really, but confusing. If I have a battery level of say 60% on my
        # TE2 or T5,(measured by pToolSet pInfoTool and also CoolDAs,)the moment I
        # plug into mains to recharge the reading leaps straight away to around 90%.
        # Any idea why this should be the case, and do other users find the same?

        No one but Palm can help you. We all use the same info provided by the Palm
        OS so all errors and all glitches originate from the Palm OS.

        Let me guess: you are gonna call Palm's technical support and then a guy will
        instruct you to remove all 3rd party applications since they are all
        defective and then to hard-reset your Palm.

        [the above scenario is based on my own numerous personal experiences]

        /Paul
      • bluefish1960
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 11:05 AM
          --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
          > Hi Andy:
          >
          > Let me guess: you are gonna call Palm's technical support and then
          guy will
          > instruct you to remove all 3rd party applications since they are all
          > defective and then to hard-reset your Palm.
          > /Paul

          Noooooooooooooooooo......I cannot believe that would happen.!!!
          Palm will naturally send me a new complimentary unit with many extras
          and bugs fixed.

          On the other hand, ........ I too have been that route, and as I am
          now
          on my third T5, and as previously noted, considering the Treo 650, I
          will put up and shut up, HeHeHe..

          Cheers
          Andy
        • Brian Houghton
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5 2:11 PM
            Hi Andy,

            I do sometimes receive the same reading, however not on the TE2 or T5.
            I do sometimes receive the results on a TE (1) and a CLIE TJ27. Here
            is what I have found to usually fix the issue (which really isn't that
            much of an issue for me)...

            1. While leaving the Palm turned off, plug in the Palm to your power
            source.
            2. Using your stylus pin, reset the machine.
            3. As soon as it boots (preferences, etc.), shut if off and let it
            charge for 2-3 hours.
            4. Turn it on towards the end of the 2-3 hours, while still plugged
            in. You will probably see the charge slowly increase to 100%.
            5. I used to receive this problem all the time when I charged my Palms
            while turned on. Now that I charge them while off, the problem seems
            to be rectified.

            On a related note, here is what I think is happing... The internal
            battery calibration sometimes gets "confused" due to multiple software
            installations, poor charging practices, etc... This type of reset,
            sometimes referred to as an "in-cradle" reset, usually remedies the
            issue.

            Sorry for the lengthy rambling. I hope that you find it useful to you.
            If not, disregards as just rambling.

            Have a good one,
            Brian