Tungsten E / pToolSet Users Please Help

  • bh77a
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2005
      Hello.

      If you are a Tungsten E (version 1) owner who uses pToolSet, could you please verify the
      following for me on your machine? I am trying to confirm whether or not my machine is
      faulty...

      1. Does the "bullseye" of pPointerTool tap in the proper spot?
      2. Does pRotatorTool work properly?
      3. Does pControlTool work properly?

      On mine, the tap doesn't occur where the "bullseye" is positioned. My digitizer is
      extremely accurate, though.

      In regards to pRotatorTool, GUI objects on the top are selected and function properly, but
      objects on the bottom are not selected properly. An example would be in Tasks, selecting
      "New" with pRotatorTool acts as if I have hit the home icon on the screen, exiting the
      program, etc...

      pControlTool's issues are similar to those of pRotatorTool.

      How does it work on yours?

      Thanks,
      Brian
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2005
        Hi Brian:

        Google "Calibrating digitizer to work both ways". It may be related. Best
        regards, Paul
      • Brian Houghton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2005
          Hi Paul,

          Thanks for the link. I looked it over. Most of the information seems
          like it is related to earlier Tungsten T models and the T3 (320x480
          screen).

          My Tungsten E has no digitizer drift of any sort. It is extremely
          accurate when I am writing or tapping on the screen.

          I have tried countless soft, warm and hard resets, but nothing seems to
          work to get either pPointerTool, pControlTool or pRotatorTool working.
          I make sure to install pToolSet on a clean machine, with no other
          software installed, fully charged battery, etc.

          The *only* issue that I can find hardware related on my Tungsten E is
          that the graffiti area of the silkscreen isn't as responsive as I would
          like, due to scratches (good lesson to use screen protectors).

          I am wondering if somehow, a piece of software is hanging on after a
          hard reset and causing incompatibilities. I can't get any TE owners to
          come forward to see if they have issues with this.

          Thanks again for the link and for the information/testing to date. I
          appreciate your responsiveness as a developer.

          Thanks,
          Brian

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 29, 2005
            # I am wondering if somehow, a piece of software is hanging on after a hard
            # reset and causing incompatibilities. I can't get any TE owners to come
            # forward to see if they have issues with this.

            What about going to a local store and testing a display TE? All=my=best,
            Paul
          • Brian Houghton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 29, 2005
              I might try doing that the next time opportunity presents itself. I
              wonder how the sales clerk might feel about me bringing my SD card
              loaded with a program to try...

              Thanks,
              Brian

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 29, 2005
                # I might try doing that the next time opportunity presents itself. I
                # wonder how the sales clerk might feel about me bringing my SD card
                # loaded with a program to try...

                It's easy: ask her and explain why you want to do it. /Paul
              • Brian Houghton
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
                  Trying to find a Tungsten E (version 1) on display may be the trick.
                  Was in KC this weekend and couldn't find one.

                  Will be in Tulsa next weekend, so we'll see.

                  Brian