Re: OT: ShortCut5 Invoking pScripts

  • Jeff Maner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi Peter,

      > I just tried ShortCut5 and see the problem you're describing.

      I'm glad someone else was able to confirm this. Thanks!

      > I'm invoking all of my pScripts directly from pScriptTool which I
      > mapped to one of the hard buttons. That plus short pScript names (one
      > or two characters) allows me to run most of what I need with 3-4 key
      > presses.

      See now, that's just too much for me! I prefer three keystrokes--nothing more. That's one for the macro invocation, and two for the macro name. I want no intervening interfaces, just like I were sitting at a command prompt.

      Can't have it all, though, right?

      I wanted to ask the Shortcut5 developer whether s/he knew why this little bug occurs. It seems, however, that the developer has taken great lengths to ensure no contact from users. Not that I can blame a developer for doing so. We users can be a hellishly pesky bunch.

      Regards,
      Jeff.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2005
        Hi Jeff,

        > See now, that's just too much for me! I prefer three
        > keystrokes--nothing more. That's one for the macro invocation, and
        > two for the macro name. I want no intervening interfaces, just like I
        > were sitting at a command prompt.

        I hear you. Seems like you too would benefit from what I asked for in
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors/message/26243. Among other
        things, we could then do what I described in
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors/message/26231.

        --Peter