Re: [peditors] Re: my LifeDrive

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hi Josh:

      First of all, NeilG had major T5 problems too.

      # I'm on my 3rd T5 in 3 weeks. (Paul will probably tell you that he's gone
      # through at least a few T|C's, though, so PalmOne does seem to have a
      # quality control problem.)

      OK, I had 6 TCs.

      TC #1 was perfect except it didn't have a MAC # so Palm recommended a fix.

      TC #2 was the same as TC #1 after Palm "fixed" it [read: ruined it]

      TC # 3 4 5 were refurbs, all defective both cosmetically and functionally.

      Then I complained publicly so Palm's corporate customer office contacted me
      and gave me a better refurb. So my TC #6 has been with me for about a year
      now. Works fine with one very minor glitch: the power button doesn't always
      work at the 1st press.

      N.B. [for non-native readers of English] "refurb" means "refurbished".

      N.B. [for Americans] "N.B." means "nota bene = note (well). Just kiddin'. If
      you are on this Forum then you are an educated person.

      N.B. In the good old times, before the concept of outsourcing was known, Palm
      had great support just like Apple or LL Beans. The latter two still shine.

      All=my=best, Paul

      P.S. My spell-checker, ispell, doesn't know "outsourcing" either.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2005
        # Paul: You mentioned your preference for a "TC" but Staples (my only local
        # source) lists only TE2 (OS 5.2.1) and T5 (OS 5.4). Any words of
        # wisdom/recommendation? I've got to buy, the text entry area digitizer on
        # my M515 has gone flakey and it's very slow/difficult to enter text without
        # plugging in the keyboard - otherwise I'm perfectly happy with the old
        # 515's feature set.

        OK, Ward, I am gonna advise you to get a TC from an out-of-town place which
        has a fair return policy [and maybe even no shipping charges and/or sales
        tax].

        I occasionally play with my m515 but, having experience with much faster
        Palms, I can't imagine ever using it. My old Palms just sit around in their
        cradles. Maybe I should get rid of them.

        All=my=best, Paul
      • Norbert Preining
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 5, 2005
          On Fre, 01 Jul 2005, Paul Nevai wrote:
          > OK, I had 6 TCs.

          Damned, I had only 5 TCs. But otherwise I can follow your thread. At the
          end I was called by a palmOne guy from the Netherlands and they finally
          sent me a new one (not refurb) and this one is now working.

          Best wishes

          Norbert

          Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
          sip:preining@... +43 (0) 59966-690018
          MEATHOP (n.)
          One who sets off for the scene of an aircraft crash with a picnic
          hamper.
          --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 6, 2005
            # Damned, I had only 5 TCs. But otherwise I can follow your thread. At the
            # end I was called by a palmOne guy from the Netherlands and they finally
            # sent me a new one (not refurb) and this one is now working.

            New with all the packaging or just a new unit w/o manuals etc.? My last
            refurb may have been new too. I have no idea but it works. /Paul
          • Norbert Preining
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 10, 2005
              On Mit, 06 Jul 2005, Paul Nevai wrote:
              > # sent me a new one (not refurb) and this one is now working.
              >
              > New with all the packaging or just a new unit w/o manuals etc.? My last

              New, with all the packaging, all inclusive, a complete new paper-cube!

              Best wishes

              Norbert

              Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
              sip:preining@... +43 (0) 59966-690018
              TINCLETON (n.)
              A man who amuses himself in your lavatory by pulling the chain in
              mid-pee and then seeing if he can finish before the flush does.
              --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 10, 2005
                # New, with all the packaging, all inclusive, a complete new paper-cube!

                Well, knowing all the suffering you went through, you deserved it. /Paul