5-Way Center Select on Treo 650

  • goldend329
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2005
      Forum, I hope all is well. Has anyone sucessfully used the 5-way
      center select function with the 650 and scripts? If so, what is its
      token/parameters?

      On the 600, I used /xn, but that doesn't appear to work on the 650?
      In doing some troubleshooting, I see that the 5 way-center select acts
      differently than pressing the return button. If it helps, the below
      is what I used to launch VersaMail and get new messages. My x3 was
      mapped to VersaMail. Now it launches VM, and I believe goes to the
      correct button, but does not execute that button which is highlighted.

      pScript_05{j::/&launch[@@MultiMail@@]/x3/xs/xs/xs/xn}

      Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

      Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Dave:

        #
        # On the 600, I used /xn, but that doesn't appear to work on the 650?
        # In doing some troubleshooting, I see that the 5 way-center select acts
        # differently than pressing the return button. If it helps, the below
        # is what I used to launch VersaMail and get new messages. My x3 was
        # mapped to VersaMail. Now it launches VM, and I believe goes to the
        # correct button, but does not execute that button which is highlighted.
        #
        # pScript_05{j::/&launch[@@MultiMail@@]/x3/xs/xs/xs/xn}
        #
        # Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

        There is no general "5 way-center select" pToken. As I recall, it has never
        existed. /xn works only when pedit/pToolSet has special instructions to
        convert RETURN into 5-way select.

        The lack of "5 way-center select" pTokens is very useful. This way every
        5-way trick programmed into pToolSet/pedit avoids conflicts with pScripting.

        Alas, in view of the bug-rich nature of OS 5, especially with the latest
        devices such as the T5 and the Treo 650, the latter lack of conflicts comes
        handy.

        As my beta testers know, we live on a bug rich diet these days.

        BTW, you should use the /&control[] pFunction in the above example and you
        should probably chain scripts. I also beg you to build your scripts step by
        step. Do not jump into complicated situations.

        All=my=best, Paul