Re: New poll for peditors

  • manerweb
    Message 1 of 150 , Apr 8, 2005
      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, "Kartha" <akkartha@y...> wrote:

      > Hello Paul
      > I thought I ought to explain my vote of 'No' to the poll ... the
      > extended push of the power button in my T3 locks the device, and I
      use
      > it too much - especially just before handing it over to my 2 year
      old
      > or shoving it into my pocket. So, though I dont have any objection
      > you adding the feature, I wouldnt be able to use it.
      >
      > Arun

      I must echo Arun's sentiments. I rely on the Keylock feature heavily.
      My T3 stays in my pocket if I'm not at my desk and I'm not using it.
      The Keylock feature inhibits, for example, unwittingly recording 20
      minutes of muffled conversation and static if the VoiceMemo button is
      inadvertently depressed (no jokes about Prozac, please) and the
      subsequent loss of all battery power. While a friend accidentally
      recorded one of his really great rants one time, I find this
      experience to be quite the exception to the rule that usually
      accidental recordings are just about as interesting as one of our
      weekly staff meetings...

      Sorry to ramble. Paul, I voted No; but if you were to allow two
      different types of long-press (resulting in three different press
      types altogether) as you do with the other buttons, i.e. Press,
      Press-n-Hold, Press-n-Hold-n-Hold, I think that would be really useful
      on T3, so that we could, for example, power down with a Press, power
      down and keylock with a Press-n-Hold, and, I don't know, power down
      and keylock AND System Lockout with a Press-n-Hold-n-Hold, I would
      have to vote Yes.

      Sincerely,
      Jeff.
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 150 of 150 , Apr 8, 2005
        Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> writes:

        > I don't mind the numerous NO votes for the power button question. I know

        I have a Tungsten E, and the power button (top right) is awkward to
        operate when I use the device with the hard cover, i.e. most of the
        time. And, even without the cover, it's not so easy for me to quickly
        reach. So, I voted no because such a feature would not be of much
        value to me.

        Paolo
        --
        Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log