Re: [peditors] GlobalMacroMode problem and solution

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi Andy:

      I keep forgetting who bluefish1960 is but I think I know. You are the Andy M.
      who is a current pedit tester. Right?

      Advice: a soft reset always clears the globalMacroMode. Also:

      {turn off:: /GZ /xEpmt /xz Z}

      probably will work [but I didn't test it, sorry, I am very busy now]. Try
      it. OK? All=my=best, Paul

      # After the recent trials of pToolSet I am embarrased to admit that I found
      # my T|T3 geting stuck in GlobalMacroMode. (Ouch) I was on the point of
      # asking you if there was still a hitch with the new pToolSet, and as my
      # device did not display any troubles during the testing I really did not
      # want to do that as it could have been even more embarrassing. I just
      # solved the problem and thought that it may be useful for others to see what
      # happened. After changing a lot of my most commonly used scripts to include
      # the new silent functionality of pToolset, I kept on finding my T/T3 stuck
      # in GlobalMacroMode and after double checking to make sure they all had the
      # /xz at the end I was extremely puzzled as to what was going on. It turned
      # out to be my /xEpmt Z script to turn turn off my Palm. Of course the
      # MacroMode was turned on by the script, but not turned off because my device
      # was already off and could not process the termination of GMMode. I have
      # now altered it back to the original and problem solved! Cheers and much
      # wiping of forehead!
    • bluefish1960
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
        > Hi Andy:
        >
        > I keep forgetting who bluefish1960 is but I think I know. You are
        the Andy M.
        > who is a current pedit tester. Right?

        Hi Paul
        Yep, guilty as charged.