Re: [peditors] Using PeditPro with Phlegm Hack and Arranger

  • Mark_Mandel@dragonsys.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 31, 2000
      whytcrow writes:

      I'd rather see pedit handle some outlining. I haven't found any of
      the Outliners to be particularly useful for me. THen outline well if
      you have short statements and are good for project management, but
      not for book outlining. I'm currently trying Hi-Note, but haven't
      had too much time to devote to playing with that one. Brainforest
      doesn't play well with the external keyboards, and Arranger has a
      narrow limit on how much goes into a single line...which is ok, but
      I'd like to do a little longer of a list.

      I could type it all out on pedit, but I like the idea of easily
      moving sections up or down, etc, that you get in actual outliner
      programs.
      <<<<<

      I like ThoughtMill from HandsHigh Software (www.handshigh.com).

      -- Mark A. Mandel
      FIJAGH! Now, *filking*, on the other hand...
      http://world.std.com/~mam/filk.html
    • whytcrow@io.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1, 2000

        >I like ThoughtMill from HandsHigh Software (www.handshigh.com).

        ThoughtMill gets slow though if you have outlines of any size.

        I now have the beta version of Arranger, and reinstalled pedit so I
        could link to it, and wow, that's cool. I'm much happier now having
        all my editing functions as normal. I was even happier when I
        realized how you get *back* to Arranger (hit the apps button) from
        pedit. ;) This makes it worth reg'ing Arranger.

        Jennifer

        The White Crow
        FUDGE Deryni and the Penn Ar Mor Ars Magica Saga:
        http://www.io.com/~whytcrow/rpg.html
        "Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their
        instrument." -- Halo
      • Chuck C.
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2000
          How to get Back to Arranger? You don't have PhlegmHack!?!
          By ALL means, GET IT!!-- You can get back to ANYWHERE with a single
          stroke! (Also BTW, I have found PhlegmHack to be SLICKER than
          SwitchHack.) -Chuck

          --- In peditors@egroups.com, whytcrow@i... wrote:

          > I was even happier when I realized how you get *back* to Arranger
          > (hit the apps button) from pedit. ;) This makes it worth
          > reg'ing Arranger. Jennifer
          < < <
        • whytcrow@io.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2000
            >How to get Back to Arranger? You don't have PhlegmHack!?!
            >By ALL means, GET IT!!-- You can get back to ANYWHERE with a single
            >stroke! (Also BTW, I have found PhlegmHack to be SLICKER than
            >SwitchHack.) -Chuck

            Well, it is just a tap away to Arranger...

            No, I don't use PhlegmHack. I have a hard time with a program named
            something like that and haven't tried it out yet. I tend to use
            PopFavorites as a way to navigate fairly quickly rather than back and
            forth so I havne't needed it just yet.

            I suppose I could look at PhlegmHack (bleck--they oog me out). ;)

            Jennifer

            The White Crow
            FUDGE Deryni and the Penn Ar Mor Ars Magica Saga:
            http://www.io.com/~whytcrow/rpg.html
            "Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their
            instrument." -- Halo
          • Peter Grierson
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1, 2000
              PhlegmHack is an extension of SwitchHack.

              It is free, but if you want to register, the author suggests you register
              SwithchHack.
              How to get Back to Arranger? You don't have PhlegmHack!?!
              By ALL means, GET IT!!-- You can get back to ANYWHERE with a single
              stroke! (Also BTW, I have found PhlegmHack to be SLICKER than
              SwitchHack.) -Chuck

              --- In peditors@egroups.com, whytcrow@i... wrote:

              > I was even happier when I realized how you get *back* to Arranger
              > (hit the apps button) from pedit. ;) This makes it worth
              > reg'ing Arranger. Jennifer
              < < <

            • Chuck C.
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2000
                Uhhh, No. It is simply BETTER!! Yes SwitchHack came up with the
                idea first, but PhlegmHack wrote BETTER CODE & made a slicker
                product. The authors do not know each other, nor are their programs
                in ANY way related. The author of Phlegm simply offers his program
                FREE & in jest implied, "Hey if you WANT to pay, you can pay the
                other guy." My advice: get the BETTER of the 2--Get Phlegm!! . . .
                Utterly Indispensable.

                --- In peditors@egroups.com, "Peter Grierson" <peter.grierson@s...>
                wrote: > PhlegmHack is an extension . . . .

                > to Chuck's:
                > I have found PhlegmHack to be SLICKER than SwitchHack. -Chuck

                P.S. If you don't want your own PhlegmHack, Don't Smoke. And if you
                smoke, QUIT!!
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 15, 2000
                  # I now have the beta version of Arranger, and reinstalled pedit so I
                  # could link to it, and wow, that's cool. I'm much happier now having
                  # all my editing functions as normal. I was even happier when I
                  # realized how you get *back* to Arranger (hit the apps button) from
                  # pedit. ;) This makes it worth reg'ing Arranger.

                  Don't forget the QuickSwitcher! See the manual. Best regards, Paul