re Repeat todos

  • ChrisDB
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
      yahoo.com@... wrote (Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:11:38 -0500):
      >Maybe someone has another solution.
      >
      >Brian

      I'm writing a pScript now which automatically 'steals' todays datebook
      entries and turns them into todos, with optional due-date. You tell it
      which ones to steal by having a '*' as the first char.
      You could set up your repeats as datebook entries and have the script
      steal them.
      It's not finished yet: still not sure how i want to implement
      categories, but they definitely will be there. I think priorities will be
      optional too.
      The only flaw is that if you don't visit your todo list for 24hours
      there's a chance you could 'miss' stealing a datebook entry (the script
      replaces the usual tap/button you use to access your todo list). I might
      have a look at that 'Crony' app people mention on peditors sometimes. Does
      anyone know if it's ok with os5?
      I can't say when the script will be done, but if you want it when it's
      finished (or if anyone wants it as-is to mess about with - without category
      & priority support) just let me know.
      Cheers ChrisDB

      ps. Paul, the tips for pDateTool says: "ESC c = ESC C = the "Category"
      popup list with full standard navigational support".
      I'm assuming this means i should be able to use backspace/space/etc to
      move about, but I don't seem to be able to on my palmVx os4.1 (the 'due
      date' list is fine)
      this would really help with my script, any ideas why it doesn't work
      for me?
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        # ps. Paul, the tips for pDateTool says: "ESC c = ESC C = the "Category"
        # popup list with full standard navigational support".
        # I'm assuming this means i should be able to use backspace/space/etc to
        # move about, but I don't seem to be able to on my palmVx os4.1 (the 'due
        # date' list is fine)

        Yep, it is Palm OS supported and not pToolSet supported. That's why I used
        the word "standard".

        Sorry about the confusion. I need to re-write it so I would not seem to be
        lying. PAUSE...PAUSE I just did. I also fixed pMemoTool's help file where the
        same needed to be changed.

        The Palm OS supports such navigation from OS 5 only.