Re: myNotes Feature Request

  • John Markley Jr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
      > Hi Thomas:
      >
      > # Here's my request: allow the user to have a myNotes memo in each category
      > # (including Unfiled). Perhaps allow the user to name the memo
      > # 000.myNotes_Personal or 000.myNotes_Business. Then if the user taps on the
      > # myNotes button pedit checks to see what category the user is in and opens
      > # the appropriate myNotes. That way the user can keep his or her notes
      > # separated by category.
      >
      > So what happens if you are in the "all" category in ListView? Nothing?
      >
      > # Now since each category can have its own myNotes memo, changing the
      > # category of a myNotes memo doesn't make sense. Here is a second
      > # request: When a user is in a myNotes memo and changes the category through
      > # the menu in the upper right corner pedit switches to the myNotes memo of
      > # the selected category. That way a user can switch back and forth from one
      > # collection of notes to another quickly and easily.
      >
      > This is way too complicated although probably doable.
      >
      > I need strong support from the Forum to embark on this. OK?
      > Best regards, Paul

      Here is yet another opinion on this request [mine :) ]. First, I'm indebted to Thomas for
      raising the qustion since it led me to DayNotez, which I had not encountered. Having
      installed it on my T3 as a trial I'm going to buy it as, for me, it is a quite useful
      complementary app in concert with peditPro and pToolSet. Which is my point--they are
      designed for different purposes and work well together (for me). I wonder whether
      Thomas has tried activating pEditTool while in DayNotez, as this gives much, though not
      all, of the peditorial functionality of myNotes, while having the multi--category features of
      DayNotez; plus, since myNotes is essentially a (specially empowered) memo, myNotes and
      DayNotez can mutually be import/exported.
      And if this is a useful solution, I wonder whether Paul would consider writing an auto
      pEditTool "thingie" for DayNotez as he has done for DateBk5 ? DayNotez already has an
      app launch link built in with DateBk5, so it might meet Paul's criterion for a highly stable
      endeavor. Maybe this would be more doable and less complicated than Thomas' original
      request; but, also maybe not really what he's looking for.... ?? what think ?? JMM
    • Tom Bress
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
        I do actually like Daynotez. The one thing I don't like about it is
        that the Daynotez memos are stored in a proprietary database. The
        tempting thing about moving over to MyNotes is that they are memos and
        are stored in the standard Palm memo database. It is also appealing
        to me to simplify and use pedit to do my journaling instead of
        carrying an extra program.

        For now I do use the pedittool to enter my Daynotez memos. It would
        be great if the autopedit trick could also be applied to Daynotez.

        I see your point as well about keeping the memo switching
        standardized.
        How about button shifting or button sliding the "}" button to bring up
        a list of all the myNotes_XXX memos? That would keep it standardized.