start a particular database

  • David Ellis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004
      Is there a way using a pScript to start an application with a particular
      database?

      I used to do this with a pScript and MegaWiki, but I am now using an OS 5
      device so I can't use MegaWiki.

      Let me give you an example. I would like to launch Smartlist-to-go with a
      particular database, lets say the database is called Notes. Is there a way
      to do this with a pScript?

      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004
        #
        # I used to do this with a pScript and MegaWiki, but I am now using an OS 5
        # device so I can't use MegaWiki.
        #
        # Let me give you an example. I would like to launch Smartlist-to-go with a
        # particular database, lets say the database is called Notes. Is there a way
        # to do this with a pScript?

        I don't think so. This came up before and I said something nonsense and then
        I was corrected. I think Blake corrected me. My memory is very vague and
        faint about it. Best regards, Paul
      • jmmjr@umich.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004
          David, Paul: There is a way to do this, I have done so with my TT3,
          and by coincidence for a Smartlist-to-Go database. However, there is
          a catch, which is that you must always go back to the Smartlist main
          screen which lists all your database names before you close Smartlist
          to do other things, as the script uses an "/&tap" , so the name of
          the database you want opened has to be at that location or else quite
          unexpected files may open. My script, which is a "run pScript_XX"
          initiated by a screen tap, is

          pScript_99{99launch::/&launchDf[@@SmartListToGo@@,0]/&tap i [040,040]}

          regards, John Markley