My most-used pScript (and a related request?)

  • mlist.d@virgin.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2004
      The pScript I use most often is this one, it's for pToolSet, and repeats
      the last pScript I ran:

      pScript_XX
      {scriptAgain::
      /xEpmt A /*start pScriptTool from pMasterTool menu*/
      . /*cancel it's auto popup menu, if you don't use one, omit*/
      /xEpct R /*bring up 'recent' popup menu, ie press 'recent' button*/
      /0x0a /*do most recent script*/
      }

      I just wish it was faster.
      If you omit the '/xEpct R' line, it is - cos the most recent pScript
      appears in the 'Run:' field of pScriptTool anyway.
      However, if you have a current text selection, that selection appears in
      the 'Run:' field instead.

      Could auto-pasting of current selection into the 'Run:' field be optional?
      I only use it to skip pressing 'copy' when adding favs in pScriptpad, not
      day to day, how often do others use it? Has anyone else found it a bind, or
      just me? (if so I'll put up :)

      Fantastic (and faster of course) would be a 'Run prev pScript'
      tap/slide/etc assignable item, but maybe Paul wouldn't want to go there
      after just doing all those pads.

      If the request-fest is still in session, might I also suggest a
      'pScriptList' mode for pScriptTool, like pLaunchTool's pLaunchList?

      And lastly, a pScript which, if present (ie has a certain name) is run
      automatically at 'pToolOn' time? (I think pedit has a similar feature but I
      don't own that yet)

      cheers & thanks for taking time to read - ChrisDB

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2004
          # Fantastic (and faster of course) would be a 'Run prev pScript'
          # tap/slide/etc assignable item, but maybe Paul wouldn't want to go there
          # after just doing all those pads.

          I am working on this although this has subtle issues. You see 'Run prev
          pScript' is too vague. We need a to specify the agent too. pedit? pToolSet?
          LapTopHack? I need to think about this very hard.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004
            Hi ChrisDB:

            # Fantastic (and faster of course) would be a 'Run prev pScript'
            # tap/slide/etc assignable item, but maybe Paul wouldn't want to go there
            # after just doing all those pads.

            Please contact 2me@... privately if you are willing to test
            this. It is essentially ready. I am not sure who you are although I have a
            good educated guess. Best regards, Paul