Re: [peditors] pScriptRunner mini applications

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2004
      # after a long, nice vacation (in wich i read the pedit mannual 3
      # times!!) i learnd a lot. Nevertheless i have no idea how to get the
      # pScriptRunner mini applications to work.
      # How do they work? How can i make them run?

      It's in pScript.README, see below. OK? Best regards, Paul

      #############################################################################
      File: pScript.zip [the pScriptRunner package]
      Author: Paul Nevai
      E-mail: 2me@...
      Web: www.PaulComputing.com
      Date: August 7, 2001 (revised on March 23, 2004)

      Each file named p@... in pScript.zip is a Palm application with name
      "p@Script" and with creator ID 'pnL@' where "@" is a digit or a letter
      [0...9, a...z, A...Z] with the exception of the two lower cased letters "i"
      and "t", and the upper cased letter "T". They are called pScriptRunners.

      As long as you have LapTopHack and/or pToolSet, and, optionally, a pedit
      installed on your Palm Powered handheld, each "p@Script" application runs
      [triggers, plays] a pScript whose pScriptIdentifier is "pScript#@". Install
      as many as you wish on your Palm Powered handheld.

      EXAMPLE. The pScriptRunner "pZScript" runs the pScript whose
      pScriptIdentifier is "pScript#Z" such as

      {pScript#Z::/&mess@[@@I am pScript#Z@@,,]}

      Each pScriptRunner can be assigned to all four hard buttons, to the "CALC"
      SilkScreen button of your Palm Powered handheld, or to any other
      button/stroke/tap which can launch applications, and even to the modem and
      cradle buttons.

      In addition, each pScriptRunner can also be used by numerous HackMaster
      extensions, OS extensions, and other utilities which allow invoking
      applications in a variety of ways such as button presses, stroking, tapping,
      and so forth. Such utilities include AppHack, PopFavorites, pToolSet,
      TealLaunch, just to name a few.

      Please see the manuals of pedit, LapTopHack, and pToolSet for an explanation
      of the terms used in this README file/. For instance, visit

      http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pedit/man/pedit_man.html
      http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pToolSet/man/pToolSet_man.html
      http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pts/man/pToolSet_man.html

      NOTE. Make sure that the version number of your pedit, LapTopHack, and
      pToolSet is 7.09 or newer.

      WARNING. pScripting is very powerful. Please carefully debug each pScript
      prior to assigning them to these pScriptRunners.

      Please notify me of any bugs you may have encountered.

      Enjoy... /Paul N.

      Name: Paul Nevai
      E-mail: 2me@...
      Products: dbCleanerUpper, EventAnalyzerHack, grepHack, LapTopHack,
      listNavigatorHack, menuNavigatorHack, pedits, printHack, pToolSet,
      pToolSetPro, superFinderHack, TimeSetter, Sporty [TBA]
      Web: http://www.paulcomputing.com
      Forum: groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors
      #############################################################################
    • daniel holenstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        Hey and another Hey!!
        Now it works!! I am so happy, another spectacular and powerful trick that heps me in my daily work.
        Thank you very much.
        Daniel

        Author: Paul Nevai
        E-mail: 2me@...

[...]