Auto-indent feature request

  • Tom Bress
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
      As I understand it, auto-indent only works after it has been activated
      and after you type the first line. Once you type the first line
      auto-indent does the rest. This can be a pain if you have extra
      characters (like a bullet point) that are not easily entered by
      keyboard or grafitti.

      Here's my feature request: can a menu pick be added to produce a new
      line with the selected line indentation header? Or perhaps a
      preference switch that allows you to select "Starting auto-indent
      automatically produces line on|off"?

      This feature would make it easy to create bulleted lists, for example.
      Turn auto-indent on and the first bullet is created for you, much
      like a word processor would do.
    • John Kershaw
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
        At 5:06 pm +0000 27/8/04, Tom Bress wrote:
        >As I understand it, auto-indent only works after it has been activated
        >and after you type the first line. Once you type the first line
        >auto-indent does the rest. This can be a pain if you have extra
        >characters (like a bullet point) that are not easily entered by
        >keyboard or grafitti.

        A bullet is just an extended stroke followed by a single tap.

        For anything more exotic, there's Ed+ > Insert Char

        Don't forget you can add extra indent characters to the list - I have
        *+- & bullet set.

        John.
        01274 581519 / 07944 755613
        john@... / http://www.kershaw.org
        AOL johnkershaw / Y! & MSN john_m_kershaw
      • Tom Bress
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
          > A bullet is just an extended stroke followed by a single tap.

          In Grafitti 2?

          > For anything more exotic, there's Ed+ > Insert Char

          This is what I'm trying to avoid.

          > Don't forget you can add extra indent characters to the list - I have
          > *+- & bullet set.

          I don't understand that last statement. I thought the extras where
          extra characters that got added to the line indentation header, not a
          list of characters that I could pick and choose from.
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2004
            #
            # I don't understand that last statement. I thought the extras where
            # extra characters that got added to the line indentation header, not a
            # list of characters that I could pick and choose from.

            It's your extended custom list. Best regards, Paul