How can I change Fonts & screen size in PEditPro?

  • joedusio
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hi,
      I'm an old programmer(20+years), but new to PEditPro. I'm
      evaluating serious editors for purchase and am enjoying the
      technical features of pEditPro, but am having some significant
      difficulty with the "Ease of use" features. I imported the manual
      into MS-Word and have only gotten through 200 pages so far. I'm
      using a HiRes+ Sony Clie TH55 and I have an issue with fonts and
      screen size configurations.

      The fonts included in pEdit are for the most part too large on my
      device. The tiny font seems to be a low-res font such that its
      rough edges are magnified on the HiRes+. That is to say I have seen
      characters on my device that size which are not jagged. The
      resulting display in pEditPro is readable but only with significant
      discomfort. To make a long story short, the only font I can use is
      normal. The rest seem to be a waste of space.

      So, my question is "How do I remove the fonts I will never use and
      replace them with useful fonts?"

      As I program, I like the smaller fonts so I can see an
      entire "while" or "for" loop on the screen. I think I might be able
      to get some relief even if I had to keep the current fonts if I
      could get pEditPro to use the rest of the 320x480 screen. However,
      I have not yet found a way to get pEditPro to remove my Virtual
      Graffiti area and use that space for viewing and editing purposes.

      I'd appreciate advice in resolving these issues.

      Thanks,
      Joe
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        Hi Joe:

        #
        # So, my question is "How do I remove the fonts I will never use and
        # replace them with useful fonts?"

        Funny. What about deleting all the features you will never use? I bet you
        use less than 1% of all the capabilities of your DeskTop OS [unix, Windows,
        Mac OS, whatever]. Do you delete all the unused features?

        # As I program, I like the smaller fonts so I can see an
        # entire "while" or "for" loop on the screen. I think I might be able
        # to get some relief even if I had to keep the current fonts if I
        # could get pEditPro to use the rest of the 320x480 screen. However,
        # I have not yet found a way to get pEditPro to remove my Virtual
        # Graffiti area and use that space for viewing and editing purposes.
        #
        # I'd appreciate advice in resolving these issues.

        Eventually pedit will support Palm HiRes fonts. What about Clie fonts? I
        don't really care. Seriously. If Sony doesn't care then why should I? Sony
        decided to abandon you. Not very nice.

        Right now I am working on string support of pScripting and I can't do
        anything else till I finish it.

        BTW, for screen size support, use pToolSet which does adjust to the correct
        screen size, at least on the Tungsten T. On Clies? I don't know, and for the
        above reason, I don't care.

        Best regards, Paul [please don't hate me for being so sarcastic above]