Writing a link for PsLink

  • blueprince33
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 2, 2004
      Good afternoon fellow peditors,

      i am using PsLink together with pedit. To write a link i have to put
      at the beginning oft the text a "[" and at the end a "]".
      So that my link looks like [Example]. What i am looking for, is an
      easy way to do this.

      Thank you for help.

      Regards Daniel
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 2, 2004
        # i am using PsLink together with pedit. To write a link i have to put at the
        # beginning oft the text a "[" and at the end a "]". So that my link looks
        # like [Example]. What i am looking for, is an easy way to do this.

        What about the script

        {bracket1::[]}

        You can even have the cursor moved back between the brackets usig the

        {bracket2::[] /xEpro jbc}

        NOTE. I have not tested any of these.

        Best regards, Paul
      • Ray Drew
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 2, 2004
          > i am using PsLink together with pedit. To write a link i have to put
          > at the beginning oft the text a "[" and at the end a "]".
          > So that my link looks like [Example]. What i am looking for, is an
          > easy way to do this.

          You could try BracesDA at

          http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA025276/index-e.html

          has 8 sets of braces to choose from (and you can configure your own
          characters). You just select some text and BracesDA will surround it
          with your chosen delimiters. It will also remove delimiters.

          With pToolSet you can launch BracesDA with one tap or swipe so it can be
          very convenient to use.

          Ray
        • Sander Roosendaal
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 2, 2004
            With pScript:

            {mkPsLink::
            /xEpro s w /* 1: selects the current word */
            /xEpro x /* 2: cuts it */
            [ /xEpro p ] /* 3: writes [, pastes selection, writes ] */
            }

            To run, put the cursor inside the word, and do [menu - Script Memo -
            mkPsLink - :D] or do ESC-& mkPsLink :D.

            If you leave out line 1:, you can make the selection yourself (groups of
            words, whole paragraphs).

            Use /xEp04 if you're using pedit04 and not peditPro. Read the manual about
            pScripting and check www.peditors.com.

            pScriptTool from pToolSet provides an easy way to run a pScript (put
            mkPsLink in your favorites list).

            --
            hartelijke groeten,

            Sander
            sander@...

            If this helped, please take the time to rate the value of this post
            http://rate.affero.net/sander/
          • daniel holenstein
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 2, 2004
              Thank you so much Paul, Ray, Sander.
              It really helps me.

              regards Daniel

              Ray Drew <ray.drew@...> wrote:

              > i am using PsLink together with pedit. To write a link i have to put
              > at the beginning oft the text a "[" and at the end a "]".
              > So that my link looks like [Example]. What i am looking for, is an
              > easy way to do this.

              You could try BracesDA at

              http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA025276/index-e.html

              has 8 sets of braces to choose from (and you can configure your own
              characters). You just select some text and BracesDA will surround it
              with your chosen delimiters. It will also remove delimiters.

              With pToolSet you can launch BracesDA with one tap or swipe so it can be
              very convenient to use.

              Ray

              pedit and pScripting pTutorial at http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
              Latest pedit/LapTophack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
              pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • glearned
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 13, 2004
                I'd like to do something similar, in that I'd like to select the
                text to be bracketed, and have the brackets surround it. My
                assumption is the easiest way is to use bracket2 below, preceeding
                it with a "cut" and following with a paste. I'm just not sure how to
                accomplish that.

                Ed

                --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
                > # i am using PsLink together with pedit. To write a link i have to
                put at the
                > # beginning oft the text a "[" and at the end a "]". So that my
                link looks
                > # like [Example]. What i am looking for, is an easy way to do this.
                >
                > What about the script
                >
                > {bracket1::[]}
                >
                > You can even have the cursor moved back between the brackets usig
                the

                > {bracket2::[] /xEpro jbc}
                >
                > NOTE. I have not tested any of these.
                >
                > Best regards, Paul
              • daniel holenstein
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 13, 2004
                  glearned <learned@...> wrote:
                  I'd like to do something similar, in that I'd like to select the
                  text to be bracketed, and have the brackets surround it. My
                  assumption is the easiest way is to use bracket2 below, preceeding
                  it with a "cut" and following with a paste. I'm just not sure how to
                  accomplish that.

                  Ed

                  Hello Ed,

                  sometime back a gentle mind showed me how:

                  {mkPsLink::

                  /xEpro s w /* 1: selects the current word */

                  /xEpro x /* 2: cuts it */

                  [ /xEpro p ] /* 3: writes [, pastes selection, writes ] */

                  }

                  If you leave out line *1:, you can make the selection yourself (groups of

                  words, whole paragraphs).

                  Greetings Daniel

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
                    # I'd like to do something similar, in that I'd like to select the
                    # text to be bracketed, and have the brackets surround it. My
                    # assumption is the easiest way is to use bracket2 below, preceeding
                    # it with a "cut" and following with a paste. I'm just not sure how to
                    # accomplish that.

                    Have you been able to do it yet? Best regards, Paul
                  • Learned
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
                      Yes, I took one of the examples and got it working. It's not the
                      cleanest code yet, but it's working.

                      My next question is how can I do a search/replace to a null string?
                      For example, I want to eliminate blank lines, or all lines containing
                      a certain string. I can find them using RegEx, but I can't see how to
                      change them to a null string.

                      --
                      Eat Well - Laugh Often - Live Long
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 14, 2004
                        # My next question is how can I do a search/replace to a null string?
                        # For example, I want to eliminate blank lines, or all lines containing
                        # a certain string. I can find them using RegEx, but I can't see how to
                        # change them to a null string.

                        It's in pedit's manual. It's also in the "i-Tips" of pedit's FIND dialog.

                        then the matched string will be deleted from the memo.</p>

                        Best regards, Paul
                      • Christine Belcikowski
                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                          Bonjour,

                          Can one use pGraffiTool on the T3, closed drawer ?
                          On my T3, that does not work.

                          Another question:
                          The P of pGraffitiTool, it is "Previous".
                          And D?

                          Thanks for advance.

                          Christine
                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                            Salut Christine:

                            # Can one use pGraffiTool on the T3, closed drawer ? On my T3, that does not
                            # work.

                            You can use pGraffitiTool only when the OS supports the Graffiti area. Maybe
                            on a closed TT3 it doesn't. I really don't know this. However, on my
                            Tungsten T [the original one], it works just fine. Open or closed. As I
                            recall, it didn't work on the Tungsten W since it had no Graffiti engine.

                            My guess: it may work on the TT3 and you didn't do it right. However, my
                            guesses are occasionally way off their mark.

                            Could any other TT3 user test it?

                            # Another question: The P of pGraffitiTool, it is "Previous". And D?

                            "D"= default position

                            /Paul
                          • Ray Drew
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                              Paul Nevai wrote:

                              > You can use pGraffitiTool only when the OS supports the Graffiti area. Maybe
                              > on a closed TT3 it doesn't. I really don't know this. However, on my
                              > Tungsten T [the original one], it works just fine. Open or closed. As I
                              > recall, it didn't work on the Tungsten W since it had no Graffiti engine.

                              I always assumed you had written it to work with the Tungsten C but
                              presumably that doesn't support the Graffiti area either.

                              Ray

                              Message 14 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                Hi Ray:

                                # > You can use pGraffitiTool only when the OS supports the Graffiti area.
                                # > Maybe on a closed TT3 it doesn't. I really don't know this. However, on
                                # > my Tungsten T [the original one], it works just fine. Open or closed. As
                                # > I recall, it didn't work on the Tungsten W since it had no Graffiti
                                # > engine.

                                # I always assumed you had written it to work with the Tungsten C but
                                # presumably that doesn't support the Graffiti area either.

                                It does!!! Yes, it does. Since you can also write on the screen. It supports
                                Graffiti II.

                                SUMMARY. Tungsten W = no and Tungsten C = yes

                                Best regards, Paul
                              • Ray Drew
                                Message 15 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                  Paul Nevai wrote:

                                  > # > You can use pGraffitiTool only when the OS supports the Graffiti area.
                                  > # > Maybe on a closed TT3 it doesn't. I really don't know this. However, on
                                  > # > my Tungsten T [the original one], it works just fine. Open or closed. As
                                  > # > I recall, it didn't work on the Tungsten W since it had no Graffiti
                                  > # > engine.
                                  >
                                  > # I always assumed you had written it to work with the Tungsten C but
                                  > # presumably that doesn't support the Graffiti area either.
                                  >
                                  > It does!!! Yes, it does. Since you can also write on the screen. It supports
                                  > Graffiti II.
                                  >
                                  > SUMMARY. Tungsten W = no and Tungsten C = yes

                                  In theory, T3 should then, since it also supports write on screen with
                                  Graffiti II.

                                  Can anyone confirm whether pGraffitiTool works on a T3 with the slider
                                  closed? I have just taken delivery of a T3 and assumed it was going to.

                                  If it doesn't, I might return it (it's still unopened and I can only
                                  return it if it stays that way).

                                  Ray

                                • Christine Belcikowski
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                    Bonsoir Ray,

                                    Thank you to inform you for me.
                                    I started to write a small article on pGraffitiTool.
                                    Do you also know if pGraffitiTool works on the Treo?

                                    --
                                    Best regards,
                                    Christine
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                      # I started to write a small article on pGraffitiTool.
                                      # Do you also know if pGraffitiTool works on the Treo?

                                      Yes, it does [should]: it works both on the Treo 600 and Treo 650 simulators.

                                      Best regards, Paul
                                    • jmmjr@umich.edu
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                        On my T3, pGraffitiTool behaves as follows:

                                        1) pToolSet strokes and taps work normally on the built-in T3
                                        graffiti area with the slider open.
                                        2) With the slider open, and the built-in graffiti area displayed,
                                        pGraffitiTool opens in the screen space just above the normal
                                        grafitti area, so both are displayed at once, and in this
                                        configuration pToolSet strokes and taps work properly in either area
                                        !!! ie, for example, a tap in the home area set to activate some
                                        action does so in either the built-in home, or/and the pGraffitiTool
                                        home area.
                                        3) With the slider open, and the built-in grafitti area not
                                        displayed, pGraffitiTool deploys at the bottom of the long screen,
                                        but does NOT function.
                                        4) With the slider closed, pGraffitiTool deploys at the bottom of
                                        the short screen and does NOT function.

                                        curiouser and curiouser .. could be an example of
                                        what Paul means by PalmOne not following all the rules ??
                                        .......... JMM

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 20, 2004
                                          #
                                          # curiouser and curiouser .. could be an example of
                                          # what Paul means by PalmOne not following all the rules ??

                                          I wouldn't say that. I never tested pGraffitiTool on the T3 with the slider
                                          closed and probably never will since I have no T3 and I don't know how to
                                          use the T3 simulator to pretend that the slider is closed.

                                          However, #2 sounds normal to me.

                                          My guess is that if the DIA is closed [slider open or not] then the Graffiti
                                          are no longer exists so pGraffitiTool doesn't work. So #3 and #4 is normal
                                          too. I mean the tap and stroke works except it doesn't produce the expected
                                          result since the Graffiti area is not there.

                                          With the slider open and with the DIA open, the Graffiti area is back to n
                                          normal.

                                          BTW, I posted dozens of questions about the simulator to a Palm developer
                                          forum but I got no help at all except when the question was very
                                          simple. Probably no one knows what's going on.

                                          Anyway, these days each and every Palm [or Clie or whatever] model is
                                          different. It's absurd. Imagine if Windows or the Mac OS X would have to be
                                          different on each PC and Mac model.

                                          /Paul
                                        • Christine Belcikowski
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 21, 2004
                                            Bonjour Paul,

                                            I confirm that pGraffitiTool remains inactive on the T3,
                                            when the slider is closed and/or when one uses the function graffiti anywhere.
                                            I send to you into private the small announced article.

                                            --
                                            Cordially,
                                            Christine
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 21, 2004
                                              Hi John:

                                              # 4) With the slider closed, pGraffitiTool deploys at the bottom of
                                              # the short screen and does NOT function.

                                              How did you close the slider? While the DIA was open or closed? Can you
                                              please try it both ways? It might mean a difference. Just guessing. /Paul