Re: [peditors] Re: pScriptWriter?

  • John Kershaw
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 6:49 pm -0500 31/5/04, Jeff Roule wrote:
      >Great job! Lots of possibilities here. One thing regarding the
      >interface though. On high-res devices (or at least on my T3)
      >everything is squished into the upper portion of the screen. I was
      >able to straighten it out by doubling the values in the pmoveto
      >statements and doubling the y-value in the pline statements. It may
      >be possible to use the pmode function to determine if the app is
      >running on a high-res device and adjust accordingly. This is a very
      >small issue for me since I know how to modify the values, but I
      >guess it could be a bigger issue for a new user.

      Jeff/Luc,

      Blake had already pointed the 160/320 thing to me and has a fix ready
      to apply that determines the screen size at runtime and adjusts
      everything to suit.

      >I also had to add empty strings to the items and notes tables in the
      >pFunctions.lua file. I got a crash (just within Plua) upon selecting
      >Button 1...4 otherwise. I guess all of the tables need to have the
      >same number of values, even if the value is an empty string.

      I'll look into it - maybe I didn't clear out the tables when I read
      in the new values.

      >Should be very helpful, especially if you can work out how to keep
      >up with Paul adding features. :)

      Turns out pLua has a full complement of regex matching skills, so it
      may be possible to extract the information directly from a text/DOC
      version of the manual (pLua can read from DOC files), so having an
      up-to-date copy of the manual on your handheld would mean your
      pScriptWriter was up-to-date too :)

      John.
      01274 581519 / 07944 755613
      john@... / http://www.kershaw.org
      AOL johnkershaw / Y! & MSN john_m_kershaw
    • John Kershaw
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 2, 2004
        At 8:00 am -0400 2/6/04, Paul Nevai wrote:
        ># http://peditors.com/pScriptWriter/ul_vs_dl.html
        >
        >Superb job!!! You could use the terminal in Mac OS X and use /bin/sh scripts
        >with grep|gawk|sed [or perl] and such to automate the process.
        >
        >I am not a perl guy. I love grep|gawk|sed.
        >
        >BTW, all my scripts use /bin/ksh but then you need to install ksh.

        I've used grep, though only within BBEdit (okay, I ran grep a couple
        of times in the Terminal with some handholding). I read the Llama
        book a couple of years ago but couldn't tell you what's in it :(

        gawk? sed? /bin/ksh? Is that Hungarian???

        I'm sure some regex guru can crunch this puppy (to coin an unfortunate phrase).

        ;)