pToolSet 7.11 + FitalyVirtual on Tungsten T3: no activation with strokes

  • pallmot
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm a pToolSet newbie and probably missing something obvious.

      In the pTooSet preferences I've selected 'strokes' and in the 'Strokes'
      submenu I set the stroke pattern to 'button to button', 'home => menu:
      pInfoTool', 'menu => home: pControlTool', 'calc => find: pDateTool',
      'find => calc: pFindTool'.

      The problem is that it doesn't work. None of the sildes (strokes) yields
      anything.

      I use also FitalyVirtual on my Tungsten T3 but according to the
      documentation http://fitaly.com/fitalyvirtualt3/fitalysetup.htm it
      implements 'Pass-Throught Slides' which are passed to the Graffiti
      engine. Just to be sure I installed McPhling which gets actived
      through a slide from menu to home and it works as expected.

      I'm able to activate pToolSet through the escape char and taps at the
      display border but this is not so convenient.

      Any tips what could be causing this?

      Regards,
      Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2004
        #
        # The problem is that it doesn't work. None of the sildes (strokes) yields
        # anything.

        I bet you forgot to activate strokes - see the check mark in pToolSet's
        preferences. Best regards, Paul
      • pallmot
        Message 3 of 6 , May 28, 2004
          --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
          > # In the pTooSet preferences I've selected 'strokes' and in the
          'Strokes'
          > # submenu I set the stroke pattern to 'button to button', 'home =>
          menu:
          > # pInfoTool', 'menu => home: pControlTool', 'calc => find:
          pDateTool',
          > # 'find => calc: pFindTool'.
          > #
          > # The problem is that it doesn't work. None of the sildes (strokes)
          yields
          > # anything.
          >
          > I bet you forgot to activate strokes - see the check mark in
          pToolSet's
          > preferences. Best regards, Paul

          Sorry, obviously I didn't choose the right wording. With

          > # In the pTooSet preferences I've selected 'strokes' and in the

          I meant that I set the check mark for strokes.

          Is there nobody else on the list who uses also FitalyVirtual and could
          confirm that the strokes work for him with pToolSet 7.11?

          Thanks in advance.

          Regards,
          Wolfgang
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2004
            # Sorry, obviously I didn't choose the right wording. With
            #
            # > # In the pTooSet preferences I've selected 'strokes' and in the
            #
            # I meant that I set the check mark for strokes.
            #
            # Is there nobody else on the list who uses also FitalyVirtual and could
            # confirm that the strokes work for him with pToolSet 7.11?

            Hi Wolfgang:

            So turn off FitalyVirtual. Do the strokes work now? If so, then try to
            activate FitalyVirtual and pToolSet in diferent order. That may have an
            effect.

            It was a long time ago that I used FitalyVirtual but then all was OK.

            Best regards, Paul
          • pallmot
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29, 2004
              Hi Paul,

              > So turn off FitalyVirtual. Do the strokes work now?

              ok, with FitalyV turned off the strokes work as expected.

              > If so, then try to
              > activate FitalyVirtual and pToolSet in diferent order. That may have an
              > effect.

              The activation order doesn't seem to make a difference. With FitalyV
              enabled the strokes in pToolSet 7.11 don't work.

              What I do not understand is the fact that McPhling works with FitalyV
              without any problems.

              Regards,
              Wolfgang
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2004
                # What I do not understand is the fact that McPhling works with FitalyV
                # without any problems.

                No comments since I have nothing to say now. Well, I should note that the
                McPhling guy, Mike [a friend], did use some of my ideas in McPhling. Still,
                in terms of "hackness", McPhling is far below pToolSet. In fact, not a single
                Palm thingie "hacks" as deep as pToolSet [and LapTopHack], as far as I
                know. This is not a statement about quality but just a fact of life. Best
                regards, Paul