Re: [peditors] automated text strings/Pop!

  • Ray Drew
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
      roninksb wrote:

      > Can pToolSet insert automated text strings? How? Any Pop! users
      > that have come up with a simple way to launch the program on the VG
      > Palm?

      You could check out:

      http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/quni/

      TeikeiDA and FreePadDA are DAs that can do this - can be launched with
      pToolSet.

      There's also TextPadDA.

      I personally use pScripts and pMagiPad.

      Rgds,

      Ray
    • roninksb
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
        Using MagiPad myself but is more like a workaround then a true
        replacement.

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
          # Before upgrading to an OS5 device, I was an avid user of the
          # program 'Pop!' by Rick Bram. And while the program has been updated
          # to work in OS5, the update has never been completed. In particular
          # there is no easy way to launch it on a Palm with 'virtual' graffiti.

          I bet pToolSet can start Pop! with buttons/strokes/taps

          Best regards, Paul
        • David Ellis
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
            Can anyone point me to an English explanation of how to use these das?

            Dave

            At 04:17 AM 4/1/2004, you wrote:
            >roninksb wrote:
            >
            > > Can pToolSet insert automated text strings? How? Any Pop! users
            > > that have come up with a simple way to launch the program on the VG
            > > Palm?
            >
            >You could check out:
            >
            ><http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/quni/>http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/quni/
            >
            >TeikeiDA and FreePadDA are DAs that can do this - can be launched with
            >pToolSet.
            >
            >There's also TextPadDA.
            >
            >I personally use pScripts and pMagiPad.
            >
            >Rgds,
            >
            >Ray
            >

            >pedit and pScripting pTutorial at
            ><http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor>http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
            >Latest pedit/LapTophack at
            ><http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip>http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
            >pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at
            ><http://www.peditors.com>http://www.peditors.com
            >Peditors Forum
            ><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors

            > *
            > <mailto:peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > *

          • Teri Pittman
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
              Basically, tools like Teiki and textpadDA require that you use a memo
              to setup the tool. There should be sample with them.

              I used Google to translate the webpages and it helped enough to figure
              out what to do.

              On Thursday, April 1, 2004, at 06:49 AM, David Ellis wrote:

              > Can anyone point me to an English explanation of how to use these das?
              >
              > Dave
              >
              > At 04:17 AM 4/1/2004, you wrote:
              >> roninksb wrote:
              >>
              >>> Can pToolSet insert automated text strings? How? Any Pop! users
              >>> that have come up with a simple way to launch the program on the VG
              >>> Palm?
              >>
              >> You could check out:
              >>
              >> <http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/quni/>http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/
              >> quni/
              >>
              >> TeikeiDA and FreePadDA are DAs that can do this - can be launched with
              >> pToolSet.
              >>
              >> There's also TextPadDA.
              >>
              >> I personally use pScripts and pMagiPad.
              >>
              >> Rgds,
              >>
              >> Ray
              >>

              >> pedit and pScripting pTutorial at
              >> <http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor>http://home.att.net/
              >> ~leehauser/ptutor
              >> Latest pedit/LapTophack at
              >> <http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip>http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/
              >> pca/pc_all.zip
              >> pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at
              >> <http://www.peditors.com>http://www.peditors.com
              >> Peditors Forum
              >> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/peditors>http://groups.yahoo.com/
              >> group/peditors
              >> Unsubscribe by writing to peditors-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              >> *
              >> <mailto:peditors-
              >> unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>peditors-
              >>
              >> *
              >> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              >> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              > ---------------------~-->
              > Canada.
              > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/u2FxlB/TM

              Teri Pittman
              tpittman@...
              New and improved website: www.spindlitis.com
            • Ray Drew
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
                David Ellis wrote:

                > Can anyone point me to an English explanation of how to use these das?

                This should help:

                Rgds,

                Ray
              • Doug Jacobs
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
                  Do you have the site for POP!. I can’t seem to find it.
                  tia

                  Before upgrading to an OS5 device, I was an avid user of the
                  program 'Pop!' by Rick Bram. And while the program has been updated
                  to work in OS5, the update has never been completed. In particular
                  there is no easy way to launch it on a Palm with 'virtual' graffiti.

                  I primarily use Pop! to insert text string that I use frequently (of
                  which there are many). And it dawned on my that pToolSet should be
                  able to do this. I am vaguely aware of pScripts but I do not have
                  any desire or time to learn what appears to be rather arcane command
                  strings and, if I am current there is a distinct limit to the number
                  of such scripts.

                  Can pToolSet insert automated text strings? How? Any Pop! users
                  that have come up with a simple way to launch the program on the VG
                  Palm?

                  pedit and pScripting pTutorial at http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
                  Latest pedit/LapTophack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
                  pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  click here
                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3j35p9/M=267637.4673019.5833256.1261774/D=egroup
                  web/S=1707367854:HM/EXP=1080881143/A=1945637/R=0/SIG=11t30skn6/*http://www.n
                  etflix.com/Default?mqso=60178397&partid=4673019>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  ---

                • Doug Jacobs
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2004
                    Nevermind. I found Bram, digitalpath and pop!
                    Thanks anyway.