Pedit pro losing escape character

  • paulbcf1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2004
      Using Pedit pro 7.06 build date 2/22/04 10:12:54
      Most input is done via palm micro keyboard .

      started up pedit today and my escape character "tab" T key was
      gone , pedit wouldn't allow me to input new character.

      used pedit fixer to delete prefs --that fixed it --and then esc
      character dissapeared again . Seems to occur after hot sync.

      Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
        #
        # started up pedit today and my escape character "tab" T key was
        # gone , pedit wouldn't allow me to input new character.
        #
        # used pedit fixer to delete prefs --that fixed it --and then esc
        # character dissapeared again . Seems to occur after hot sync.

        Impossible. I swear. I am never ever wrong when I swear [except when I am].
        The "TAB" is always tricky with keyboards since it has a dual duty with most
        keyboard drivers.

        I bet my life that TAB was still the ESC but when "TAB" is the ESC you don't
        see it in the pedit ESC preference box. Use backspace to delete it or bring up
        the virtual keyboard or pEditTool to edit it.

        Try another ESC and see what happens. Then read your keyboard manual about
        TAB.

        Please report back the results.