Re: [peditors] Re: Edit Favorites and Sorting Question

  • Dwight C. Carr
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2004
      I have been trying to set up lists which gave me this
      ability using outliners, etc... I can't express how
      really glad I am to have discovered this. My palm
      memo's just got turbo charged. I guess I'll have to
      download pEdit now.

      Thanks,
      Dwight...
      --- Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
      > Hi Dwight:
      >
      > # I just can't figure out what the "# lines ..."
      > means in pSort.
      >
      > The symbol "#" means the word "number". A field is
      > usually a word. A column
      > is usually a letter.
      >
      > pedit is a stupid thing
      > so is LapTopHack
      >
      > Sorting this with "# if skipped fields" = 2
      >
      > will sort according to the words "a" and
      > "LapTopHack". OK now?
      >
      > Best regards, Paul
      >
      > P.S. Use Google with the words "sort skip field" and
      > you get plenty of help.

    • Dwight C. Carr
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2004
        I have only one more thing to add. In your spare
        time, you should put together a practical guide to
        using pToolSet, pEdit, ... or does one already exist?

        Thanks Again,

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2004
          # I have only one more thing to add. In your spare time, you should put
          # together a practical guide to using pToolSet, pEdit, ... or does one
          # already exist?

          I will do that happily if you want me to suspend working on pToolSet, pedit,
          etc. I am sure I could do that if I had a few, say five, months available
          when there is no need to concentrate on trying to work on items requested by
          the users. My ToDo list has only about 1,000 entries anyway. Best regards,
          Paul
        • Dwight C. Carr
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2, 2004
            That's why I said "spare time". It's a joke. Anyway,
            great product and, sincerely, thanks for your support.

            Dwight...

            --- Paul Nevai <nevai@...-state.edu> wrote:
            > # I have only one more thing to add. In your spare
            > time, you should put
            > # together a practical guide to using pToolSet,
            > pEdit, ... or does one
            > # already exist?
            >
            > I will do that happily if you want me to suspend
            > working on pToolSet, pedit,
            > etc. I am sure I could do that if I had a few, say
            > five, months available
            > when there is no need to concentrate on trying to
            > work on items requested by
            > the users. My ToDo list has only about 1,000 entries
            > anyway. Best regards,
            > Paul

          • John Kershaw
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2004
              At 10:09 pm -0800 2/3/04, Dwight C. Carr wrote:
              >That's why I said "spare time". It's a joke. Anyway,
              >great product and, sincerely, thanks for your support.
              >
              >Dwight...

              Dwight,

              Would you fancy creating that guide yourself?

              The peditors.com website is editable by anyone who wishes to
              contribute. If you'd like to create/oversee such a practical guide
              you can go right ahead and do it! I for one would love such a guide -
              I've only understand a fraction of what pToolSet can do and haven't
              the time/energy to properly digest Paul's excellent but rather
              technical documentation.

              http://www.peditors.com

              There's already the bare bones of a LapTopHack guide, but since LTH
              is 'old technology' nobody's really followed it up.

              John.
              01274 581519 / 07944 755613
              john@... / http://www.kershaw.org
              AOL johnkershaw / Y! & MSN john_m_kershaw