Tungsten T3 - SOS - please help

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hi Guys:

      Not SOS but it is really urgent. If you have a Tungsten T3 and pToolSet,
      please run pInfoTool's "feature numbers" menu command and look for all the
      feature numbers you have which start with "pi" as in 'pixx'. There could be 0
      or 1 or 2 or more. What are they and what are there values? Thanks, Paul
    • Peter Wirstrom
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
        Paul,

        I found:

        pinM #00000 with 0
        pins #00001 with 17838080.

        Best regards,
        Peter

        <<snip>>
        > Hi Guys:
        >
        > Not SOS but it is really urgent. If you have a Tungsten
        T3
        > and pToolSet,
        > please run pInfoTool's "feature numbers" menu command and

        > look for all the
        > feature numbers you have which start with "pi" as in
        'pixx'.
        > There could be 0
        > or 1 or 2 or more. What are they and what are there
        values?
        > Thanks, Paul
        <<snip>
      • mitz009@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
          Paul,

          I'm getting:
          pinM #00000 with 0
          pins #00001 with 1

          Hope this helps.

          Henry

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
            Dear Henry and Peter:

            # pinM #00000 with 0
            # pins #00001 with 1 <========

            Yes, this is what I expected except the number "1".

            Peter's is exactly what I expected.

            pinM #00000 with 0
            pins #00001 with 17838080.

            !!!BUT BUT BUT!!!

            Guess what. My Tungsten T3 has no 'pins'!!! I got mine from a friend at Palm
            who lent it to me for 2 weeks. My guess is that mine is a pre-production unit
            or something similar.

            BTW, 'pins' means that it has a dynamic input area [Pen Input Manager]

            I also have 'pinM' but I have no idea what it means.

            Best regards, Paul
          • mitz009@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
              Paul,

              Strang thing: when I did the inquiry again, I got what Peter came up
              with.

              I'm wondering if the model you have does NOT have the 2 files that
              have been distributed by CESD and others to allow programs
              to "stretch" to utilize the DIA.

              Henry
              --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
              > Dear Henry and Peter:
              >
              > # pinM #00000 with 0
              > # pins #00001 with 1 <========
              >
              > Yes, this is what I expected except the number "1".
              >
              > Peter's is exactly what I expected.
              >
              > pinM #00000 with 0
              > pins #00001 with 17838080.
              >
              > !!!BUT BUT BUT!!!
              >
              > Guess what. My Tungsten T3 has no 'pins'!!! I got mine from a
              friend at Palm
              > who lent it to me for 2 weeks. My guess is that mine is a pre-
              production unit
              > or something similar.
              >
              > BTW, 'pins' means that it has a dynamic input area [Pen Input
              Manager]

              > I also have 'pinM' but I have no idea what it means.
              >
              > Best regards, Paul
            • Jeff Roule
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
                Hey Paul,

                Little late on the reply, but I found the same information as Peter.

                Jeff
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
                  # I'm wondering if the model you have does NOT have the 2 files that
                  # have been distributed by CESD and others to allow programs
                  # to "stretch" to utilize the DIA.

                  Great idea. What are they called? I heard of them and I also heard that it is
                  a huge screw up that they are not included in the Palm itself. Caused a
                  gazillion headaches for developers. /Paul
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
                    # I'm wondering if the model you have does NOT have the 2 files that
                    # have been distributed by CESD and others to allow programs
                    # to "stretch" to utilize the DIA.

                    That was it. AppSlipRotate.prc StatusBarLib.prc. I added them and all is OK
                    now. Thanks!!! /Paul
                  • Henry Grady
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2004
                      Those are the files! Glad to be of assistance.

                      Henry

                      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/