Re: [peditors] Re: pFind and Fitaly

  • Rick Reynolds
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
      Well Paul, something that changed at 7.04 has fixed this issue for me
      anyway. It's weird. It doesn't work on the Treo "as-is", but it works with
      a piece of software called KeyCaps600 (specialty stuff for the Treo 600).
      KeyCaps600 allows me to access shifted characters by either hitting the key
      twice in quick succession, or holding it down. I'm using & as my ESC char
      in pToolSet, and it pops up if I enter & via the KeyCaps600 method, but not
      if I enter the char via the straight Treo keyboard.

      Actually, this may have worked at the last version (when I complained that
      it didn't). I know I was trying to activate pToolSet via the "normal" Treo
      method of entering the & key.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
        # Well Paul, something that changed at 7.04 has fixed this issue for me
        # anyway. It's weird. It doesn't work on the Treo "as-is", but it works with
        # a piece of software called KeyCaps600 (specialty stuff for the Treo 600).
        # KeyCaps600 allows me to access shifted characters by either hitting the key
        # twice in quick succession, or holding it down. I'm using & as my ESC char
        # in pToolSet, and it pops up if I enter & via the KeyCaps600 method, but not
        # if I enter the char via the straight Treo keyboard.

        Hi Rick:

        What was the original problem? The Treo 600 did not recognize the pToolSet
        ESC char? Or something else? If the ESC situation then would you write me a a
        very short FAQ which I could include into the manual? Send me privately.
        Thanks!

        BTW, "something" [see above]? At least a few dozen things. It is really
        impossible to tell if I fixed it or it just "fixed itself". I regularly scan
        my code and fix/improve stuff all the time even if it seems to work
        well. Best regards, Paul