Re: [peditors] Re: SilkyBoard vs. FitalyStamp?

  • Howard Veit/Towers Perrin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2000
      Zach wrote:
      <<I saw that you mentioned SilkyBoard in your review. I use and ABSOLUTELY
      LOVE SilkyBoard; It's so much faster than Graffiti - Well, let me clarify
      that statement: It's much more ACCURATE than Graffiti, which in turn is
      faster. I use it in conjunction with my PPK so that I have fast, accurate
      text entry weather I just need to jot a note or write an extensive E-Mail or
      article.>>

      In my review I extol the virtues of SilkyBoard. This is a great touch type with
      tiny letters system of text entry. But...recently I discovered FitalyStamp and
      switched because I like the keyboard layout better and I can touch type faster
      with FS. Tests have shown that FS is faster for most people. The drawback
      with FS is that it does not use a QWERTY keyboard layout, it uses a brand new
      FITALY keyboard layout which cleverly puts the most frequently used letters
      together in the middle of the screen. This new layout is unfamiliar to most
      people and takes time to learn. I began to feel comfortable after using it
      daily for about two weeks. Both are screensaver applications over the
      silkscreen area. I found that the SilkyBoard keys were small and caused
      somewhat more typos. But, really, both are good and if you don't care that much
      about a little faster touch type speed, I would stick with SilkyBoard if you
      already have it. Howard
    • White Crow
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2000
        I noted (again) that pedit is supposed to work well with Clipper. What
        does CLipper do that we don't have now? It sounds very similar to what
        magipad is used for.

        And to my main question, which isn't truly pedit focused unless you
        consider that I'd like to use all the tools that pedit enhances...I've
        tried Clipper, but whenever I open the Clipper screen, it disables my
        GoType driver. I use the Hackmaster version of the driver, and haven't
        tried the regular version. Viewing Clips is easy enough, but actualy
        typing stuff into Clipper doesn't work.

        Anyone else note this problem? Is it Clipper's fault or GoType's?

        Jennifer
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2000
          White Crow wrote to Paul Nevai:
          #
          # I noted (again) that pedit is supposed to work well with Clipper. What
          # does CLipper do that we don't have now? It sounds very similar to what
          # magipad is used for.
          #
          # And to my main question, which isn't truly pedit focused unless you
          # consider that I'd like to use all the tools that pedit enhances...I've
          # tried Clipper, but whenever I open the Clipper screen, it disables my
          # GoType driver. I use the Hackmaster version of the driver, and haven't
          # tried the regular version. Viewing Clips is easy enough, but actualy
          # typing stuff into Clipper doesn't work.
          #
          # Anyone else note this problem? Is it Clipper's fault or GoType's?

          Yep, "supposed" is the right word. I had a few complaints about Clipper.
          Please contact the Clipper guys and ask for the latest version. Best regards,
          Paul