Clarification Please

  • celtic_magick333
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
      Dear Group,

      I am really interested in the pedit line of products, however, I am
      a little confused about the differences between the available
      versions. I was wondernig if someone could provide a summary of
      what the differences between pedit, pedit32, peditcombo, and pedit
      pro are?

      Thank you for your time and efforts.

      Best Regards,

      Jason
    • John Kershaw
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2003
        At 10:41 pm +0000 1/11/03, celtic_magick333 wrote:
        >I am really interested in the pedit line of products, however, I am
        >a little confused about the differences between the available
        >versions. I was wondernig if someone could provide a summary of
        >what the differences between pedit, pedit32, peditcombo, and pedit
        >pro are?

        See http://www.peditors.com/pages/peditPro

        John.
        01274 581519 / 07944 755613
        john@... / http://www.kershaw.org
        AOL johnkershaw / Y! & MSN john_m_kershaw
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2003
          # I am really interested in the pedit line of products, however, I am
          # a little confused about the differences between the available
          # versions. I was wondernig if someone could provide a summary of
          # what the differences between pedit, pedit32, peditcombo, and pedit
          # pro are?

          Forget the differences. Just get peditPro. You can decide later when you
          decide to register. peditPro is all in one. /Paul
        • steveb805
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 29, 2004
            Paul, not to dwell on this, but why do you name the same app, with two
            different names: peditCombo, and peditPro ?

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004
              # Paul, not to dwell on this, but why do you name the same app, with two
              # different names: peditCombo, and peditPro ?

              Because they are not the same except that if you buy one of them then you can
              get the other for free. Best regards, Paul
            • John Kershaw
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004

                From the front page of http://paulcomputing.com

                >peditPro is the flagship of the pedit family of editors, combining
                >pedit and pedit32 into one single application.
                >peditCombo contains an individual pedit and pedit32 in one package.

                As I understand it, peditCombo is a complete, standalone pedit04 plus
                a complete, standalone pedit32, with the memory footprint of both
                apps added together (484k + 484k = 968k).

                peditPro is p04 & p32 merged together, sharing a library of routines,
                hence with a much smaller memory footprint (488k).

                peditLight has all the essential editing functions of pedit but
                requires only 268k.

                And despite Paul's protestations querying the need for memory
                efficient apps, there's a thriving market on eBay for second-hand
                Visor Deluxes & similar.

                And despite Paul's protestations regarding the wisdom of purchasing
                second-hand-helds, at twenty quid a pop (thirty dollars?) they're not
                to be sniffed at when considering introducing clueless relatives to
                the world of cheap computing.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004
                  #
                  # And despite Paul's protestations regarding the wisdom of purchasing
                  # second-hand-helds, at twenty quid a pop (thirty dollars?) they're not
                  # to be sniffed at when considering introducing clueless relatives to
                  # the world of cheap computing.

                  And despite Paul's protestations eppur si muove. /Paul