Re: [peditors] palm ultra thin keyboard palm m515

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2003
      # One thing that I did forget to mention is that the device tries to do a
      # hotsync each time I stick it onto the keyboard.

      This problem goes back to the very 1st days of [defective] keyboard drivers.
      GoType! did not have it but other early drivers suffered from the same.
      Reason: they build the driver in such a way that it turns on the Palm when a
      key is touched or the keyboard is inserted. I think the principle itself is
      defective. I complained long to various keyboard makers but I was
      ignored. Best regards, Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2003
        # Has anybody experienced any issues with the Palm M515 and the Ultra thin
        # keyboard? I purchased one last Friday it was the only one left in the store
        # and it was also unsealed. Keys repeat, hitting the backspace key takes me

        If I may give you an unsolicited advice, although it is probably unrelated to
        your problem: never ever buy unsealed merchandise [unless you specifically
        buy a refurb or such]. No aspirin and no computer should have been touched by
        others. /Paul
      • Bangkok Translator
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2003
          Lauren, Paul

          I got a reply from Palm support this morning saying that there is a known
          timer issue with the Ultra Thin Keyboard prior to REV B or REV C. I just
          find it ludicrous that the things were not withdrawn when the issue came to
          light. The keyboard is actually manufactured by 'Think Outside' (whoever
          they are). You would think that at least the replacemnt would be either REV
          B or C. Feeling very P............. in Bangkok.

          This shows a total lack of coordination between the Palm Regional Offices.

          Regards,

          Neil

          http://www.star.net.uk
        • AS01 Neher Lauren M AM1
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2003
            Neil,
            If anything it should allow you to get your money back from the store you
            bought it from. It is definitely a problem now with the keyboard, not your
            Palm.
            Good luck
            Lauren

            I got a reply from Palm support this morning saying that there is a known
            timer issue with the Ultra Thin Keyboard prior to REV B or REV C. I just
            find it ludicrous that the things were not withdrawn when the issue came to
            light. The keyboard is actually manufactured by 'Think Outside' (whoever
            they are). You would think that at least the replacemnt would be either REV
            B or C. Feeling very P............. in Bangkok.

            This shows a total lack of coordination between the Palm Regional Offices.

            Regards,

            Neil

            http://www.star.net.uk <http://www.star.net.uk>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17073678
            54:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
            camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
            l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=143896662>

            pedit and pScripting pTutorial at http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
            <http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor>