Re: [peditors] Re: I love a man that will...

  • Jesse Jacobsen
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
      On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 14:27, Brenda wrote:
      > On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 11:32:25 +0100, ian.roberts1964 wrote:
      > >A far better solution IMHO is set the offending persons mail delivery
      > >preferences to Individual e-mails (preferably on a high volume traffic
      > >group), bar any postings from them and watch their Yahoo Account be
      > >bounced to oblivion.
      >
      > Spammers could care less about that. They use phoney email addresses.

      It's also kind of like saying "if you can't beat them, join them."

      Jesse
    • Tammy Cravit
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
        > It's also kind of like saying "if you can't beat them, join them."

        Well, that strategy worked for these folks:

        http://www.freep.com/money/tech/mwend6_20021206.htm
        http://www.avirubin.com/scripted.attacks.pdf

        Tammy
      • Paolo Amoroso
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2003
          On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:33:38 -0600, Bruce Maguire wrote:

          > What did it take ... 10 *seconds* after Paolo left to start getting this crap?

          And there had not been spam messages for weeks... Anyway, I'm back, and I
          have turned first message moderation on again.

          Paolo
          --
          Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@...>