Re: [peditors] Re: I love a man that will...

  • Brenda
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
      On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:54:52 -0400 (EDT), Paul Nevai wrote:
      >And phone solicitors use "e-maily phone" numbers. Right? Smiley, Paul

      :-)

      Brenda
    • Jesse Jacobsen
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
        On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 14:27, Brenda wrote:
        > On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 11:32:25 +0100, ian.roberts1964 wrote:
        > >A far better solution IMHO is set the offending persons mail delivery
        > >preferences to Individual e-mails (preferably on a high volume traffic
        > >group), bar any postings from them and watch their Yahoo Account be
        > >bounced to oblivion.
        >
        > Spammers could care less about that. They use phoney email addresses.

        It's also kind of like saying "if you can't beat them, join them."

        Jesse
      • Tammy Cravit
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
          > It's also kind of like saying "if you can't beat them, join them."

          Well, that strategy worked for these folks:

          http://www.freep.com/money/tech/mwend6_20021206.htm
          http://www.avirubin.com/scripted.attacks.pdf

          Tammy
        • Paolo Amoroso
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2003
            On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:33:38 -0600, Bruce Maguire wrote:

            > What did it take ... 10 *seconds* after Paolo left to start getting this crap?

            And there had not been spam messages for weeks... Anyway, I'm back, and I
            have turned first message moderation on again.

            Paolo
            --
            Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@...>