Re: [peditors] pedit's manual

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
      # ...
      # imprimatur confutatis maledictum
      # pro bono banana peels.
      #
      # |SECTION HEADING
      #
      # Semper ubi sub ubi quasi
      # pluribus vulgata ...
      # _______________________________
      #
      # I decide I want to split the memo in half, with the text above the
      # heading in the current chapter, and the text from the heading down in
      # a new chapter to follow it. Can I just execute a function to do that
      # automatically, or do I need to copy everything from the heading down
      # into the (limited) clipboard, create a new chapter, and paste it all
      # back? Or can it be done reliably with a shortcut?)

      Hi Jesse:

      On the to-do list!

      Quote my 1st Latin text [the very 1st sentence almost 40 years ago]: Terra
      Italiae peninsula magna est.

      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
        Dear peds:

        1. I redid
        http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/palm/pedit_man.html#SEGMENTEDMEMOS
        and please check it if it's OK now.

        VERY IMPORTANT

        2. It's time for you to see if I gave proper credit to you in
        http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/palm/pedit_man.html#ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

        Please check it and let me know if I missed you. Please do it via a private
        e-mail to me instead of using the Forum [nevai@...-state.edu].

        Best regards, Paul [pedit: http://home.columbus.rr.com/nevai/palm/ ]
      • Gary D. Van Sant
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
          I had thought that I was following the "Chapter" vs. "Segmented Memo"
          debate/argument, i.e., why use 2 nomenclatures for one concept. And
          now we have the introduction, as I understand it, of yet a THIRD
          concept...the "Page". Is a "Page" part of a "Chapter"? A
          "Segmented Memo"? Both?

          I guess I'll go back and read the whole thing, again. Oh, Tutorial,
          where are you,now that we (I) need you! |8>P

          Gary

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
            It seems clear to me and everything else is fine. Thanks Paul. Dirk [:o)

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
              # I had thought that I was following the "Chapter" vs. "Segmented Memo"
              # debate/argument, i.e., why use 2 nomenclatures for one concept. And
              # now we have the introduction, as I understand it, of yet a THIRD
              # concept...the "Page". Is a "Page" part of a "Chapter"? A
              # "Segmented Memo"? Both?

              Relax! I just mention the "page" concept but I never use it. Best regards,
              Paul
            • Gary D. Van Sant
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
                From: "Paul Nevai" <nevai@...-state.edu>
                Subject: Re: [peditors] pedit's manual

                | Relax! I just mention the "page" concept but I never use it. Best
                regards,
                | Paul

                Slava Bogu! \8>))

                Gary
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
                  # Slava Bogu! \8>))

                  Shto? Ty govorish po-russki? Moi aussie! Vsjego khoroshego, Paul
                • Gary D. Van Sant
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
                    Da, Ya dumayu shto ya eshchyo mogu govorit` po Russki, no eto davnym
                    davno s tek por kak ya nauchil (v '56om godu). Ya uzhe zabyl kak
                    pisat c Latinskimi bukvami, k sozhaleniu.

                    Gary
                    Shto znachet "Moi aussie"?

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2000
                      # Shto znachet "Moi aussie"?

                      "me too" in Russian [or some other langauge, I forgot which one]. Best
                      regards, Paul
                    • L. Paul Bedard
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2000
                        On/Le Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 11:02:03PM -0400, Paul Nevai wrote/ecrivait:
                        < # Shto znachet "Moi aussie"?
                        <
                        < "me too" in Russian [or some other langauge, I forgot which one]. Best
                        < regards, Paul
                        <
                        Should be "moi aussi" its in French.
                        Au plaisir,
                        --
                        L.Paul Bedard, ing. Ph.D.
                        Resp. Lab. Geochimie | Lab. Manager
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2000
                          # < # Shto znachet "Moi aussie"?
                          # <
                          # < "me too" in Russian [or some other langauge, I forgot which one]. Best
                          # < regards, Paul
                          # <
                          # Should be "moi aussi" its in French.
                          # Au plaisir,

                          I KNOW!!! "Moi aussie" means that I am from Australia! Best regards, Paul
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 12, 2001
                            Dear Daniel:

                            Finally I used the Scandinavian word "berserk" in the manual...

                            % def berserk
                            1ber-serk \be(r)-'serk, ,ber-, -'zerk, 'ber-,\ n
                            [ON berserkr, fr. bj:orn bear + serkr shirt; akin to OE bera -- more at BEAR]
                            (1818)
                            1: an ancient Scandinavian warrior frenzied in battle and held to be
                            invulnerable

                            Best regards, Paul
                          • Daniel Bergman
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 12, 2001
                              --- In peditors@y..., Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
                              > Dear Daniel:
                              >
                              > Finally I used the Scandinavian word "berserk" in the manual...
                              >
                              > % def berserk
                              > 1ber-serk \be(r)-'serk, ,ber-, -'zerk, 'ber-,\ n
                              > [ON berserkr, fr. bj:orn bear + serkr shirt; akin to OE bera --
                              more at BEAR]
                              > (1818)
                              > 1: an ancient Scandinavian warrior frenzied in battle and held to be
                              > invulnerable

                              I'm impressed... :)

                              /Daniel