Not an expert any more

  • JerrySkelley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
      Hi Paul et al
      I've got more time and I'm back. I've loaded peditPro 6.63 on my
      Palm IIIe (with Palm OS 3.1) and for some reason I can't get the
      dialog boxes to display. My memory of what is in the dialog boxes
      both weak and way out of date, but I know things are working because
      ESC+S+H does select from the cursor back to Home. pedit Preferences
      Mode is set to Normal and I have tried switching it to Advanced or
      Expert and back to Normal but to no avail. I also tried Clear
      Preferences but that did not resolve the problem. Is peditPro still
      compatible with OS 3.1?

      Another observation is that the title bar gets garbled on any dialog
      box type operation.

      Jerry Skelley (formerly Jesk50)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        Hi Jerry [long-time-no-see]:

        # I've got more time and I'm back. I've loaded peditPro 6.63 on my
        # Palm IIIe (with Palm OS 3.1) and for some reason I can't get the
        # dialog boxes to display. My memory of what is in the dialog boxes
        # both weak and way out of date, but I know things are working because
        # ESC+S+H does select from the cursor back to Home. pedit Preferences
        # Mode is set to Normal and I have tried switching it to Advanced or
        # Expert and back to Normal but to no avail. I also tried Clear
        # Preferences but that did not resolve the problem. Is peditPro still
        # compatible with OS 3.1?

        As far as I know, pedit is fully 3.0+ compatible. If you clear prefs, there
        is no way that you'd be in advanced mode. Try to zap the prefs with
        peditFixer.

        # Another observation is that the title bar gets garbled on any dialog
        # box type operation.

        Again, no way unless your Palm is screwed up somehow. You must be using
        something which causes it. Think hard. pedit does not break any rules.