Re: [peditors] find'n replace

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
      # I'm a newbie, and I got very lost with regexp. I'll get there one day, but
      # in the meantime can anyone tell me how to search for any string of
      # characters beetween "<" and ">" , including those characters themselves. (I
      # have several texts that were made for TealDoc, and I want to get rid of all
      # those headers and bookmarks). I tried \<*\> but all it found was the ">"
      # character. thanks a million,

      <.*>

      I did not test it though. Should be OK. Best regards, Paul
    • tzadikh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
        --- In peditors@yahoogroups.com, Paul Nevai <nevai@m...> wrote:
        > # I'm a newbie, and I got very lost with regexp. I'll get there one
        day, but
        > # in the meantime can anyone tell me how to search for any string of
        > # characters beetween "<" and ">" , including those characters
        themselves. (I
        > # have several texts that were made for TealDoc, and I want to get
        rid of all
        > # those headers and bookmarks). I tried \<*\> but all it found was
        the ">"
        > # character. thanks a million,
        >
        > <.*>
        >
        > I did not test it though. Should be OK. Best regards, Paul

        Thanks a bunch, it did work. However I realised now that I need to
        get rid of the "enter" after the above mentioned characters too. can
        you help me with that?
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2003
          # >
          # > <.*>
          # >
          # > I did not test it though. Should be OK. Best regards, Paul
          # Thanks a bunch, it did work. However I realised now that I need to
          # get rid of the "enter" after the above mentioned characters too. can
          # you help me with that?

          "enter" is what? New line? pedit's REGEXP does not go beyond new lines. Use
          perl. /Paul