Re: DateBk5 and Info Tips

  • Bill McIntyre
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
      Paul,

      # directly.

      > I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a
      trick too
      > just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any
      thoughts? Best
      > regards, Paul

      As I sent to you privately, I have a trouble ticket with the DateBk5
      guy. Let's see what he does. If he cannot do anything, perhaps you
      could "disable the trick". Maybe he would talk to you easier than to
      us?

      Bill
    • Bill McIntyre
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
        Paul,

        > I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a
        trick too
        > just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any
        thoughts? Best
        > regards, Paul

        It's been about 36 hours since I sent the DateBk5 guy a trouble
        ticket, and there has been no response ("we usually respond within
        24 hours"). If you disable the "trick" in DateBk5, will the help
        still show since the help files are external to the program file?

        Bill

        P.S. If you send me a test pTools with the "trick" disabled, I'll
        see what it does and get back to you...
      • Tim Parris
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
          CESD has received his first gorilla and things are a little hairy right now.
          He probably is not checking his emails.

          > > I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a
          > trick too
          > > just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any
          > thoughts? Best
          > > regards, Paul
          >
          > It's been about 36 hours since I sent the DateBk5 guy a trouble
          > ticket, and there has been no response ("we usually respond within
          > 24 hours"). If you disable the "trick" in DateBk5, will the help
          > still show since the help files are external to the program file?
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > P.S. If you send me a test pTools with the "trick" disabled, I'll
          > see what it does and get back to you...
          >

          > pedit and pScripting pTutorial at http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
          > Latest pedit/LapTophack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
          > pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com

        • Bill McIntyre
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
            Paul,

            Paul,

            The DateBk5 guy says it's not his problem. Can you fix his "trick"?

            Bill

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
              # The DateBk5 guy says it's not his problem. Can you fix his "trick"?

              Of course. Did you expect it otherwise? I'd say the same if I were asked
              about pedit. But he also says that he is not using the standard Palm approach
              [which we knew]. Right? Best regards, Paul
            • Bill McIntyre
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
                Paul,

                Absolutely. I expected no less from him. I did email him and ask if
                he could post an optional prc on his website with the help files
                embedded. We'll see what he says.

                If he will not do that...is ti fixable on your side of the coin so
                that the help files will show?

                Bill

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 3, 2003
                  All DateBk5 and pTools users:

                  As usual, Paul has a fix and will include it in the next release of
                  pTools. He's amazing!

                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 3, 2003
                    # As usual, Paul has a fix and will include it in the next release of
                    # pTools. He's amazing!

                    Famous last words. The fix will be in but it will be up to you guys to verify
                    that it works under all circumstances. All my stuff is so sophisticated [read
                    complicated] that I need a brigade to test it. Best regards, Paul