DateBk5 and Info Tips

  • Bill McIntyre
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
      Anyone,

      Does anyone on the forum use DateBk5 (Pimlico Software)? I have an
      Info Tips problem that relates to either LapTopHack or pTools, but
      it is unique to DateBk5 and I am pursuing them on this. I just need
      to know if anyone else had DateBk5. Thanks. You can email me
      directly.

      Bill McIntyre
      bill@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
        Bill:

        # Does anyone on the forum use DateBk5 (Pimlico Software)? I have an
        # Info Tips problem that relates to either LapTopHack or pTools, but
        # it is unique to DateBk5 and I am pursuing them on this. I just need
        # to know if anyone else had DateBk5. Thanks. You can email me
        # directly.

        I do but had no problems. I got the private messages too. I am not sure what
        I should do. Does DateBk5 play by the rules? If the DateBk5 guy has some
        ideas, please let me know. He is a good guy. Best regards, Paul
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
          # Does anyone on the forum use DateBk5 (Pimlico Software)? I have an
          # Info Tips problem that relates to either LapTopHack or pTools, but
          # it is unique to DateBk5 and I am pursuing them on this. I just need
          # to know if anyone else had DateBk5. Thanks. You can email me
          # directly.

          I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a trick too
          just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any thoughts? Best
          regards, Paul
        • Richard Davisson
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
            Bill,
            I have registered DateBk5 and LapTopHack both. What seems to be the
            problem? Later.
            Richard L. Davisson
            http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/WhatsonmyPalm
            We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered
            minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
            Johann von Goethe
            > Does anyone on the forum use DateBk5 (Pimlico Software)? I have an
            > Info Tips problem that relates to either LapTopHack or pTools, but
            > it is unique to DateBk5 and I am pursuing them on this. I just need
            > to know if anyone else had DateBk5. Thanks. You can email me
            > directly.
            >
            > Bill McIntyre
            > bill@...
            >

            > pedit and pScripting pTutorial at http://home.att.net/~leehauser/ptutor
            > Latest pedit/LapTophack at http://www.osuweb.net/~pc/pca/pc_all.zip
            > pedit/LapTopHack scripting info/resources at http://www.peditors.com

          • Richard Davisson

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 31, 2003
                Paul,

                # directly.

                > I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a
                trick too
                > just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any
                thoughts? Best
                > regards, Paul

                As I sent to you privately, I have a trouble ticket with the DateBk5
                guy. Let's see what he does. If he cannot do anything, perhaps you
                could "disable the trick". Maybe he would talk to you easier than to
                us?

                Bill
              • Bill McIntyre
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
                  Paul,

                  > I see the problem but I am not sure what to do. DateBk5 plays a
                  trick too
                  > just like pToolSet. I could disable the trick in DateBk5. Any
                  thoughts? Best
                  > regards, Paul

                  It's been about 36 hours since I sent the DateBk5 guy a trouble
                  ticket, and there has been no response ("we usually respond within
                  24 hours"). If you disable the "trick" in DateBk5, will the help
                  still show since the help files are external to the program file?

                  Bill

                  P.S. If you send me a test pTools with the "trick" disabled, I'll
                  see what it does and get back to you...
                • Tim Parris
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 1, 2003
                    CESD has received his first gorilla and things are a little hairy right now.
                    He probably is not checking his emails.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
                      Paul,

                      Paul,

                      The DateBk5 guy says it's not his problem. Can you fix his "trick"?

                      Bill

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
                        # The DateBk5 guy says it's not his problem. Can you fix his "trick"?

                        Of course. Did you expect it otherwise? I'd say the same if I were asked
                        about pedit. But he also says that he is not using the standard Palm approach
                        [which we knew]. Right? Best regards, Paul
                      • Bill McIntyre
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 2, 2003
                          Paul,

                          Absolutely. I expected no less from him. I did email him and ask if
                          he could post an optional prc on his website with the help files
                          embedded. We'll see what he says.

                          If he will not do that...is ti fixable on your side of the coin so
                          that the help files will show?

                          Bill

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 3, 2003
                            All DateBk5 and pTools users:

                            As usual, Paul has a fix and will include it in the next release of
                            pTools. He's amazing!

                            Bill

                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 3, 2003
                              # As usual, Paul has a fix and will include it in the next release of
                              # pTools. He's amazing!

                              Famous last words. The fix will be in but it will be up to you guys to verify
                              that it works under all circumstances. All my stuff is so sophisticated [read
                              complicated] that I need a brigade to test it. Best regards, Paul