Problem w/ 6.47 pFindTool/Superfindhack

  • nscroggins <sjpanther01@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
      Paul:

      SuperFindHack does not run with the lastest version of pToolSet. I
      did NOT install pFindTool. However, hitting the 'find silkscreen' I
      get message 'under construction'.

      Norman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
        # SuperFindHack does not run with the lastest version of pToolSet. I
        # did NOT install pFindTool. However, hitting the 'find silkscreen' I
        # get message 'under construction'.

        I am gonna investigate this. It does not happen to me. have you installed the
        PRO buttons? OS number? Hardware? What if you deactivate superFinderHack?
        Does find work?

        My guess, but I may be wrong: you DID install pFindTool and THEN you deleted
        it w/o running pToolOff. Is my conjecture correct or am I 100% off base?

        If I amright, a pin reset should fix it.

        Please respond ASAP so I could look into it.

        Best regards, Paul
      • Kent Primrose <kent.primrose@born.com>
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
          I have the same problem (see my messages very foolishly titled "Re:
          pToolSet 6.47 is here..." above). I found that the only way around was
          to go ahead and install pFindTool. The "Find" button there took me on
          to superFinderHack.

          I did install PRO buttons, and am running OS 4.1 on my brand new Clie
          PEG-SJ30 (just upgraded last night). See the message referenced above
          for the gyrations I went through last night trying to fix this.

          By the way, I initially DID install all of pToolSet (including
          pFindTool), and then deleted just pFindTool (mea culpa). I didn't find
          it on pToolZapper and tried to take a short cut. I've since "zapped"
          everything (except preferences) and re-installed pToolSet to get to
          the present workable (but strange) situation.

          Thanks,
          Kent

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
            # By the way, I initially DID install all of pToolSet (including
            # pFindTool), and then deleted just pFindTool (mea culpa). I didn't find
            # it on pToolZapper and tried to take a short cut. I've since "zapped"
            # everything (except preferences) and re-installed pToolSet to get to
            # the present workable (but strange) situation.

            So the solution: pToolZapper and delete ALL except prefs, reinstall pToolSet
            WITHOUT pFindTool. Is all OK now? Don't forget EXAMPLE 2.

            I need to know so I could fix the doccumentation. /Paul
          • Kent Primrose <kent.primrose@born.com>
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
              Yes, that's what I did and all is OK now (given the slight
              strangeness of passing through pFindTool on the way to
              superFinderHack).

              And at the time I was NOT paying attention to EXAMPLE 2, though I
              don't know if that's significant or not.

              Thanks Paul,

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
                # Yes, that's what I did and all is OK now (given the slight strangeness of
                # passing through pFindTool on the way to superFinderHack).

                Not at all strange. next release will do it automatic "Find" in
                superFinderHack via pFindTool.

                Why not strange? There are NO hacks in OS 5 [despite whatever you may have
                heard] so that pFindTool needs to use existing tools and enchance them
                LEGALLY unlike superFinderHack which does it ILLEGALLY [but ILLEGAL is LEGAL
                in OS 4-]. Confused? So am I! /Paul
              • nscroggins <sjpanther01@hotmail.com>
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003
                  Paul:

                  Actually, I did not install pFindTool initially and I still
                  got 'under construction' when hitting the silkscreen with
                  SuperFinderHack active. I remember this because the first version of
                  pToolSet you emailed did not include pFindTool. I tried deactivating
                  SuperFindHack and I still received 'under construction'. I tried
                  soft resets, but got the same message.

                  I am running OS4 on a m515 using the PRO buttons option. Let me know
                  if you want me to try other things.

                  Norman

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 8, 2003